Abe's Garden Community
Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Abe's Garden Community
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is an integral member of the marketing and development team responsible for developing content for internal and external communications for a variety of constituencies and through multiple channels
- Works collaboratively across all marketing and development team efforts
- Gathers/develops/writes/designs content for, and assists distribution of:
- Newsletters (includes interviewing, writing, and design) and mass emails (includes writing and design)
- other marketing/fundraising materials
- Creates/posts/schedules/manages social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, NextDoor)
- Design flyers, postcards, yard signs, invitations, and other communications
- Assists with:
- website updates
- marketing efforts, photo and video shoots, event promotion
- vendor relations
- identifying relevant opportunities to promote AGC (awards, conferences, etc.)
- Acts as printer liaison
- Other duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Attention to Detail – Ensures accuracy in all areas of responsibility.
- Honesty and Integrity – Gains the trust of coworkers and strives to be ethical in all decisions.
- Reliability – Understands and is accountable for words and actions, including reporting to work on time and being available to others outside of the assigned work area, if needed or assigned.
- Listening Skills – Ability to fully listen to co-workers, and leadership, and understand all expectations regarding performance of work activities and service.
- Energetic – Must possess a positive attitude and strive to maintain the highest standards.
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in graphic design and experience with design programs (Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud/InDesign/Illustrator)
- Proficiency in copywriting and editing/proofreading
- Experience editing web content in WordPress or similar platforms; familiarity with SEO is a plus
- Experience creating and sending emails via Constant Contact or a similar platform
- Experience managing social media content to inform, influence, and inspire various constituencies
- Proficiency in photography and basic video editing
- COVID-19 Vaccination
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit/stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 50 lbs.
Abe’s Garden Community is an equal-opportunity employer.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, Disability, PTO, 401(k)
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 15, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $45,000
- Working Hours: Monday - Friday