Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville
Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville
The Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville (JFGN) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join our team as we secure the necessary resources to sustain and grow Jewish life throughout Greater Nashville.
Who you are:
We are seeking a dedicated and proactive individual who is ready to join us in our mission to create a strong, interconnected, and lively Jewish community in Greater Nashville. We are looking for someone with outstanding organizational skills, a keen ability to analyze situations and create strategic plans, excellent listening skills, and an enthusiasm for working with graphic design and social media.
What you’ll be doing :
The Marketing Associate will be an essential member of the Communications team, supporting the work of the department across a range of areas, with a particular focus on marketing strategy, social media, website management, graphic design & editing, as well as other marketing initiatives. This is a full-time position, and the Marketing Associate reports directly to the Director of Communications/Editor. In addition to marketing-related responsibilities, the Marketing Associate will also work collaboratively with other Federation department personnel to provide support for the Federation’s various programs, activities, and services.
About Nashville and JFGN
Nashville is one of the fastest-growing and most dynamic cities in the United States. Known as “Music City,” live music can be found on just about every corner every night of the week. With temperate weather, vibrant cultural institutions, a robust foodie scene, and a charming Southern warmth (not to mention a rapidly growing Jewish population), Nashville has repeatedly been recognized as one of the top cities in the United States to call home.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville is the central voluntary communal organization of Nashville’s Jewish community. We focus our efforts on building a Jewish community, growing Jewish philanthropy, and caring for those in need with dignity. Our impact is felt locally, in Israel, and around the world. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners, and leaders who help make the greater Nashville Jewish community a welcoming home. We offer a collaborative, friendly, and inspiring work environment. The Nashville Jewish community is rapidly growing and there is a strong desire to enhance and build upon the community’s rich tradition of philanthropy and engagement.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
More information about our organization is available at www.jewishnashville.org
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Communications/Editor.
- Maintain the websites of the Jewish Federation of Greater Nashville.
- Creating Blackbaud registration forms.
- Email marketing and weekly newsletter creation.
- Planning and creating social media content, as well as monitoring social media accounts, including boosting posts and placing ads.
- Analyzing data from Google, Meta, and Mailchimp.
- YouTube video editing.
- Managing media contacts and congregation contacts for marketing purposes.
- Creating and integrating digital forms.
- Developing sponsorship marketing materials and strategies.
- Creating and implementing Federation branding.
- Overseeing Federation marketing. Project management to include B’nai Tzedek, Leadership 615, Women’s Philanthropy, Federation events, etc.
- Cross-collaboration on program and coordination.
- On-site setup for events.
- Collaboration with outsourced graphic designers.
- Creating appeals and mail marketing.
- Event photography as needed.
Skills you’ll need:
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work creatively and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with graphic design software (Canva, Photoshop, Adobe Editor, Issuu) is highly desired. Strong computer skills are necessary, specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with Mailchimp, Monday.com, WordPress, Google ads, Facebook, Hootsuite, A/B testing, and Jotform.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge system is a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality including the ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Knowledge of other graphic design software.
- Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity.
- Knowledge of the latest marketing trends.
- Preference of 1-2 years prior experience working in a non-profit setting or similar experience.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required.
What we provide:
- Generous Paid Time Off, plus days off for Jewish Holidays and for National Holidays
- Generous Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Benefits
- 403b Plan with an Employer Match
- Professional Development and Skill-Building Opportunities
- Flexible and Hybrid Work Environment (must be Nashville-based)
How to Apply
If you’re excited about this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to Barbara Dab, Director of Communications/Editor, at email@example.com
- Date Posted: November 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 01/02/2024
- Salary Range: $45000 - $50000
- Working Hours: 8:30 - 5:00