Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
Marketing and Store Manager
Healing Arts Project Inc - HAPI
The Healing Arts Project, Inc. seeks a person with professional art training and experience handling art. This position requires a person to have the ability to work up to 15 hours a week in a permanent contract position.
HAPI provides free classes taught by a professional artist to a person with mental illness. Additionally, HAPI encourages and advances HAPI artists by curating, managing, and promoting public exhibitions of their work across Tennessee. Exhibits close to peer support centers allow artists and their peers to view their art in public. Public display of their work builds artists’ confidence and pride in their abilities and brings a new degree of respect and support from their own family and friends.
Position Title: Marketing and Store Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
- Manage and track all donors (persons who have bought art, attended events, made donations, volunteered, etc.)
- Ensure that the Donor Perfect is updated regularly as new donors become available
- Ensure that personal thank you letters are sent out timely
- Work with HAPI’s team to collect information on donors
- Use technology that supports e-commerce solutions tying exhibitions and art sales and tracks the viewers, buyers, and participants.
- Keep relevant with new software and current software to ensure HAPI uses efficient and up-to-date technology.
- Manager HAPI’s tech soup account and look for relevant software
- Ensure that regular updates and maintenance are made to all of HAPI physical, technical devices
- Keep an ongoing spreadsheet of maintenance on computers and other technological devices
- Solicit growth in public awareness of HAPI (regularly post news and activities on the HAPI website, Facebook, and other platforms.)
- Keep an ongoing presence on HAPI’s Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter page.
- Keep HAPI’s webpage updated monthly to ensure information stays relevant
- Alternate newsletter with art lifting lives personal story sharing on a bimonthly schedule.
- Encourage viewer contacts and responses through the HAPI website.
- Manage HAPI general email boxes
- Ensure that HAPI online presence is increased and appropriate for HAPI events
- Participate in ongoing marketing training around the Big Pay Back, Giving Tuesday, and other fundraising events.
- Ensure that an online presence is appropriate for community-wide events such as Service of Hope, Art for Awareness, Free Workshops, and other outreach events.
- Work with the Community Art Event Coordinator to publicize and market HAPI artists, exhibitions, events, and outreach events
- Make use of HAPI creative software programs (i.e., Canva, Adobe Creative, Hootsuite, etc.) to create digital graphics that would reach HAPI’s audience
- Work with staff in the planning and execution of communication strategies through print and digital platforms to ensure marketing goals are met (development of all marketing, presentation, and board material as requested)
- Ensure that graphic designs are current and up-to-date for print
- Regularly review presentation materials for any needed updates or changes
- Ensure that HAPI is supplied with printed materials for events, speaking engagements, and other community outreach events (i.e., note cards, postcards, one-page flyer, updated PowerPoint presentation, etc.)
- Research and look for cost-effective printing companies to print HAPI’s marketing materials.
- Manages HAPI’s online store:
- Ensure that there is an online presence regarding HAPI’s online store.
- Ensuring that art is relevant and rotated regularly
- Manage online selling and partner with the Art Inventory & Volunteer manager on logistics associated with fulfillment
- Track all online sales and submit a request for reimbursement to ensure artist are paid their percentage
- Assist TDMHSAS in sponsoring Art for Awareness, ensuring that there is an online presence
- Assist HAPI’s team with annual events (i.e., Service of Hope, Recovery Fest, Art Workshops, Gala, and any other future projects)
- Meet performance criteria on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- A Bachelor’s in graphic design/ marketing or relatable field is ideal, but not required
- Experience and success with social media and consumer online sales platforms
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships with key constituencies.
- Self-directed style, ability to work independently, proactively, and efficiently with only moderate direction or supervision. Effectively follows through on assignments.
- Experience with personal or family mental illness or addiction is desirable.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with Microsoft, Excel, Zoom, an aptitude for technology, and learning other platforms as needed.
- Great organizational skills
Flexibility in schedule
How to Apply
If interested please send your resume to:
- Date Posted: June 2, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 06/30/2021
- Working Hours: 15