Friends of Warner Parks
Marketing and Social Media Manager
Friends of Warner Parks
Friends of Warner Parks (FOWP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation, protection, and stewardship of Percy Warner and Edwin Warner Parks. Located in the heart of Nashville, the parks boast 60+ miles of trails and 3,187 acres of forest and fields. FOWP fundraises on behalf of the needs of Warner Parks – preserving historic structures, maintaining trails, eradicating invasive species, supporting educational programs, and more.
The Marketing and Social Media Manager reports directly to the President and is responsible for managing marketing initiatives, including social media, website, search engine optimization, email marketing, online store, photography, promotional events, and other brand related activities.
- Serve as primary contact with third party design company to seamlessly and efficiently further the mission of FOWP in all marketing efforts. Work with third party to manage website accuracy, functionality, and user experience.
- Tactically and creatively develop new approaches for targeting and engaging new stakeholder groups.
- Direct strategic brand initiatives and ensure brand consistency in all FOWP printed materials, social media, website, and other communications.
- Manage the effectiveness of all social media. Drive social media engagement with daily, multi-platform original posts. Oversee the social media platform growth, development, and social care.
- Manage online store and retail space at the Warner Park Nature Center (WPNC). Create detailed plan for marketing and selling merchandise, managing inventory, and reporting results.
- Assist in the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects. Communicate with various constituents to help marketing projects come to fruition.
- Coordinate the design and creation of all printed materials (including invitations, brochures, proposals, year in review). Write content and acquire photos for monthly newsletter, coordinating with the WPNC and any other constituents.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising or related discipline
- Graphic design (3 years preferred)
- Social media management (3 years required)
- Marketing (3 years required)
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- High level of proficiency in digital software platforms
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and be very flexible in a fast paced, changing environment
This position is full-time with bi-monthly compensation as well as benefits.
How to Apply
Interested person should send a resume and cover letter explaining their qualifications to Amy Albright, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F