Rebuilding Together Nashville
Marketing and Development Coordinator
Rebuilding Together Nashville
About Rebuilding Together Nashville
Rebuilding Together Nashville (RTN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities, and rebuilding lives. RTN staff members work collaboratively as a team to preserve affordable housing opportunities in our community by utilizing trades professionals and volunteers to address critical health and safety hazards present in the homes of low-income homeowners. RTN serves approximately 25-30 homeowners a year. The repairs we perform are done at no cost to the homeowner and are guided by evidence-based safety priorities.
RTN is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Development Coordinator to join our team in preserving affordable housing. This position will focus on fund development, marketing, grant writing and management, and communications. The Marketing and Development Coordinator should be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is excited about taking ownership of this important role. Skills required include the ability to balance multiple priorities, work independently to complete tasks, strong attention to detail, comfort working with data and numbers, and being able to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders–from homeowners to community leaders.
The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys engaging with our homeowners and neighbors and is excited to join a small team that is making a difference in the community in a thriving organization poised for continued growth. As with all jobs at RTN, the Marketing and Development Coordinator is expected to be an active and supportive team member who lives the values of RTN.
- Support RT’s accounting and fundraising efforts including: document all donations in Salesforce and send thank you letters; assist with grant writing and grant reporting; assist with donor stewardship and engagement; maintain paper and electronic records of accounting transactions; code administrative invoices for payment.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the Rebuilding Together vision and be able to articulate the mission and vision of the organization to diverse stakeholders.
- Collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received. Work collaboratively with fundraising event chairs to offer management, production, and oversight of all internal fundraising events, including developing and managing production timeline, budget, and evaluation.
- Oversee branding, image, and consistency of messaging in all organization materials, including ensuring that messaging is updated and accurate in all marketing and outreach materials.
- Design and produce annual giving campaigns, as well as auxiliary marketing, promotional, and outreach materials.
- Coordinate media events; speak on behalf of organization with media outlets as needed when the Executive Director is not available.
- Perform networking at selected community and leadership events.
- Deliver presentations on programs to various community, corporate and church groups as needed.
- Driving creative design, strategy, and implementation for the organization’s communications and marketing, including print and electronic marketing such as brochures, email newsletters, and annual reports. Supervises production schedule of electronic and print pieces. Periodically audits materials for relevancy and effectiveness.
- Develops focused marketing initiatives, in conjunction with Program Team, to support each program’s goals and needs while maintaining consistent messaging across the organization.
- Generates original content to broaden awareness of programs, services, and impact. Interviews, writes, collects, and documents client stories.
- Takes digital photos and videos at events and activities; maintains digital archives for both.
- Equips staff, board, and community partners to help effectively share the organization’s story and impact.
- Develops, maintains, and manages all online communication aligned with organization values. Oversees the adherence of organization’s social media and photo policy by staff and constituency.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Executive Director.
Fund Development & Donor Communications
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain comprehensive donor database; data and gift entry, generating and sending timely acknowledgement letters (within 48 hours of receipt of gift), and correspondence with donors including daily and heavy volume mailings.
- Assist with all mail and email campaigns to donors and stakeholders.
- Participate in planning and assisting with all fundraising and community events.
- Create a community-centric donor culture focused on long term cultivation with current and prospective donors including meaningful touch points throughout the year.
- Gather, interpret and report donor data, using data to inform approach to donor cultivation.
- Develop and execute, in conjunction with Executive Director, donor retention strategies to ensure satisfaction and continued revenue.
- Develop and execute, in conjunction with program staff and Executive Director, corporate engagement strategies including financial support, event participation and volunteer participation.
- Create fundraising campaigns, including an annual year-end campaign and annual impact report.
- Generate content and media for online fundraisers.
- Create content for all print materials related to fundraising events including invitations, programs, etc.
- Maintain a small caseload of donors and create opportunities for donor involvement and stewardship.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board to create a 2-year strategic plan for unrestricted, public support.
- Develops an annual calendar of prospective grant submissions.
- Develops grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Drafts compelling grant reports in compliance with grantor guidelines and deadlines, working in partnership with program staff as necessary.
- Maintains and updates organization profile on giving platforms.
Event Planning/Special Projects
- Plan and implement fundraising strategies specific to the annual fundraising event and special fundraising campaigns related to Top Golfing Together.
- Coordinate with staff contractors who are responsible for event logistics
- Supervise the Junior Board members tasked with planning the annual fundraising event
- Identify and develop new strategies to broaden the organization’s visibility.
- Develop a library of organizational talking points, stories, and statistics to be used consistently across the organization.
- Maintain and drive the organization’s brand standards and content strategy to effectively resonate with donors and clients.
- Develop focused marketing strategies, in conjunction with the Programs Team, to support each program’s goals while maintaining consistent messaging across the organization.
- Create a system to track marketing outreach efforts.
Social & Digital Media
- Coordinate with the communications team by providing information to manage all social media platforms. Create a monthly social media calendar and post content to all platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and monitor activity to gauge effectiveness and engagement. Respond to messages within a timely manner (24 hours).
- Monitor social media trends; implement new strategies as needed across platforms.
- Manage the website; update the layout, written copy, and other content as needed.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure the monthly email newsletters to clients and donors is brand compliant. Create additional email blasts as needed.
- Collect and manage photo and video content and graphic updates for social platforms.
Content Creation & Management
- Work with communications team to create and prepare electronic content, newsletters, flyers, and promotional materials within brand standards.
- Work with Program staff to generate content to send to the communications team to document client stories to share on the website, social media, monthly newsletters, annual fundraising appeals and impact reports.
- Responsible for taking photos of clients, program activities and fundraising and community events. Maintain a photo library for use on the website, social media, monthly newsletters, annual fundraising appeals and impact reports.
- Manage the development of all print collateral including, but not limited to, annual reports, newsletters, brochures. etc.
- Create additional email marketing pieces as needed.
- Ensure all marketing assets including images, logos, videos, documents, and other marketing related content are organized and archived.
- Assist in creating and compiling packets, representing Rebuilding Together Nashville at community events as needed.
- Experience with CRM preferred;
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Significant experience with Windows 10 Office (including Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the internet required
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Squarespace, and social media platforms preferred
- Experience with marketing and/or graphic design preferred
- Excellent English language skills: oral, written, reading, as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills/ creative writing/ storytelling. Excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Project Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress website design and editing proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations/marketing, nonprofit leadership, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in event-based fundraising
- Microsoft Office Suite including, Sales Force, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; proficient in Kindful, QuickBooks. Familiarity with google analytics and social media intelligence platforms
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Customer service, communication, and recordkeeping experience required;
- Able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines;
- Solid organizational, time management, and project management skills required;
- Initiative and collaborative skills indicated;
- Foster and promote business relationships and partnering within the community;
- Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Establish rapport and build on relationships to promote mission of Rebuilding Together Nashville;
- Good public speaking skills required.
- Relationship building: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results
- Communications skills: Persuasive and passionate communicator with strong verbal and written skills as well as strong listening skills.
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Creativity/innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations and create new opportunities for the organization.
- Problem solving/reasoning skills: Assess problems, identify root causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Decision making: Assess situations to determine their level of importance, urgency and risk; make clear and timely decisions that further the organization’s best interest.
- Strategic thinking: Assess options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
- Foster teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Maintain poise and professionalism: Ability to maintain poise and professionalism with a variety of audiences and in a variety of situations.
- Discretion: Act with discretion, particularly when handling sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality of all proprietary and personal data.
- Ethical behavior: Ensure that personal behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with the standards set forth by the organization and aligns with the values of the organization.
Physical and other requirements:
- Move materials weighing 35-40 pounds repeatedly and unassisted
- Move materials weighing 50-80 pounds infrequently and/or with assistance
- Navigate rough or uneven ground, and navigate around debris and obstacles
- Speak to groups of up to 40 constituents about Rebuilding Together’s work
- Operate basic office equipment including computer, telephone, etc.
- Accommodate regular work hours including Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Some evenings, weekends and early mornings required
- Travel independently from office to work sites, community partner meetings and other events as required
This is an exempt, full time position (37.5 hours/week) with health benefits, employer paid short- and long-term disability, parental leave policy and competitive time off.
How to Apply
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No calls please.
- Date Posted: November 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: 42,000
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:30am-4:30pm, some weekend work may be required