Rebuilding Together Nashville
Marketing and Development Coordinator
Rebuilding Together Nashville
About Rebuilding Together Nashville
Rebuilding Together Nashville (RTN) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is repairing homes, revitalizing communities, and rebuilding lives. RTN staff members work collaboratively as a team to preserve affordable housing opportunities in our community by utilizing trades professionals and volunteers to address critical health and safety hazards present in the homes of low-income homeowners. RTN serves approximately 25-30 homeowners a year. The repairs we perform are done at no cost to the homeowner and are guided by evidence-based safety priorities.
RTN is seeking an enthusiastic Marketing and Development Coordinator to join our team in preserving affordable housing. This position will focus on fund development, marketing, grant writing and management, and communications. The Marketing and Development Coordinator should be a team player with a welcoming and inclusive personality who is excited about taking ownership of this important role. Skills required include the ability to balance multiple priorities, work independently to complete tasks, strong attention to detail, comfort working with data and numbers, and being able to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders–from homeowners to community leaders.
The ideal candidate has a high standard of professional conduct, possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoys engaging with our homeowners and neighbors and is excited to join a small team that is making a difference in the community in a thriving organization poised for continued growth. As with all jobs at RTN, the Marketing and Development Coordinator is expected to be an active and supportive team member who lives the values of RTN.
We approach our work with Optimism. We sometimes say no, so we can say yes with joy, approaching each project with innovation and adaptability. Knowing that our most valuable asset is our staff, we prioritize a fun, inclusive and healthy work environment.
We believe in the power of Relationships, by treating all people with dignity and respect. Our work is tailored to individual needs supporting and empowering homeowners to build stronger homes and communities.
We build Trust by doing what we say we are going to do. We communicate honestly, work intentionally and take ownership when things go wrong.
We practice Shared Decision Making, by listening to all voices and working collaboratively. We are authentic and equal partners with homeowners, communities and each other.
Support RT’s accounting and fundraising efforts including: document all donations in Salesforce and send thank you letters; assist with grant writing and grant reporting; assist with donor stewardship and engagement; maintain paper and electronic records of accounting transactions; code administrative invoices for payment.
Must demonstrate a commitment to the Rebuilding Together vision and be able to articulate the mission and vision of the organization to diverse stakeholders.
Fundraising and Stewardship
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, meet annual fundraising goals.
- Serve as an advocate for Rebuilding Together and its mission.
- Identify, research and grow a pool of prospective funders (government agencies, foundations, businesses, individuals) that align with RTN’s mission.
- Draft letters, grant proposals, and other communications to support the engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors as directed.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop and manage a calendar of activities that integrates internal and external programs, events, and fund development.
- Manage a calendar of grant applications, deadlines, submissions, acceptances/rejections and reporting requirements for all government, foundation, and corporate grants, reporting on status on a regular basis.
- Process all gifts and grants, record in Salesforce and run reports as needed.
Annual Appeals and Individual Donors
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to identify the focus of appeal and coordinate all aspects of mailings (creation, production and mailing).
- Manage Salesforce donor database to track, acknowledge (in a timely manner) and recognize levels of donations.
- Organize meetings with donors for Executive Director and board members as needed.
- Manage all written and visual communication to external stakeholders.
- Consistently promote RTN’s work and accomplishments, activities and needs on social media and through e-newsletter.
- Interview homeowners and document their stories.
- Create post-project picture books and other recognition for project partners and arrange delivery, photo-ops, and other means to thank and recognize supporters.
- Support the team with the planning, promotion and execution of all RTN’s events.
- Support Development Committee and Young Professionals board with all aspects of the annual golf tournament.
- Work with the Executive Director and committee members to secure sponsorships and donations for all special events and meet fundraising goals.
- Research new fundraising events or enhancements to current events.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Rebuilding Together Nashville reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs. Rebuilding Together Nashville is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Interest in the mission of Rebuilding Together Nashville.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting fundraising goals.
- Excels at multitasking on various projects, with excellent follow-through and an urgency for deadlines.
- Results-oriented, self-starter with consistent and strong energy. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, initiative to take tasks/projects to the next level without direction and responsibly operate with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer-service mindset.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office programs. Proficiency in Salesforce is highly preferred.
- Outgoing personality with good public speaking skills.
- Education: BA required and/or equivalent experience. Advanced degree or fundraising certification preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
The demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must pass all criminal history and background checks.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of personal automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record required.
- Attend and participate in mandatory trainings, staff meetings, and all other events as scheduled.
- Some weekends and evenings work may be required.
This is a full time, exempt, salaried position that includes medical insurance coverage. (37.5 hours/week)
The starting salary range is $40,000 based on experience.
How to Apply
To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director Nicole Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 7, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Salary Range: 40,000