The Next Door
Marketing and Communications Coordinator
The Next Door
The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of all internal and external communications, as they relate to social media, marketing, and community presence with specific focus on three areas of The Next Door:
Fundraising: This staff member will lead the organization’s donor-focused external communication and branding efforts. Along with strengthening existing donor communication strategies, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator manages implementation of backend communication systems that lead to savvy donor segmentation, donor conversion, and increased fundraising efforts.
Marketing/PR: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator a front-facing, key member of The Next Door’s staff. Responsible for overseeing the public presence of The Next Door, this staff member creates and maintains a visible and favorable public image of the organization through media relations and communications. This employee engages with all departments and requires a thorough understanding of all programs and facets of the organization.
Business Development: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator works closely with Admissions and Outreach departments to assist with strategic, targeted outreach efforts to referral partners and other community sources to generate more leads and ultimately attract more women needing treatment services.
- Manage the process of concepting, creating, and producing key donor communication pieces for the organization including the annual report, email campaigns, monthly donor communications, stewardship pieces, and sponsorship packages for fundraising events.
- Implement a project management system for the development department to prioritize and track the progress of and revenue generated from communication projects and digital fundraising.
- Create and implement strategies to increase the organization’s digital audience and increase online revenue.
- Work with the Development Director to create strategic, segmented audiences and donor communications that lead to increased fundraising revenue for the organization.
- Create content in order to maintain brand consistency for all marketing and communication pieces.
- Serve as the staff lead for the marketing subcommittee of the Board with support from the Development Director.
- Act as primary manager of social media strategy and execute all campaigns/plans across platforms.
- Grow The Next Door’s Thought Leadership Platform through finding award applications, speaking engagements, and bylines.
- Responsible for website management.
- Publish monthly e-newsletters, coordinating information with all departments.
- Develop client stories for marketing purposes, respecting confidentiality.
- Maintain up-to-date media contact lists and manage relationships with members of the media.
- Monitor all media and save relevant clips in physical and electronic forms.
- Secure speaking engagements and find appropriate staff members to attend.
- Actively pursue strategic marketing and PR opportunities that further The Next Door’s visibility in the community.
- Work with development and business development team to find new avenues of increasing TND presence in the community.
- Serve as Editor-in-Chief of the organization, maintaining consistent branding/style guidelines on all documents and materials both internally and externally.
- Develop strategic communication plan for organization.
- Monitor similar agencies to continue to stay on top of industry trends and current events.
- Assist TND leadership team with establishing and maintaining a system of internal communication for the organization.
Additional qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, or similar field.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Writing experience required.
- Excellent computer skills including e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Graphic design skills and previous experience working with Canva, Adobe, etc.
To be successful in this position, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator must be effective in measuring and achieving goals, have excellent proof-reading / editing skills, and a firm grasp on grammar. The ideal candidate will be able to work under tight deadlines to deliver quality work, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver impeccable results.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to provide a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat clients and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, clients, diagnoses, group discussions, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Health insurance; Teledoc; Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Paid Time Off (PTO); paid holidays, Professional Development time and 401K.
How to Apply
Visit www.thenextdoor.org to submit your resume and application.
- Date Posted: August 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk