Operation Stand Down Tennessee
Marketing and Communication Specialist
Operation Stand Down Tennessee
The Marketing & Communications Specialist reports to the Chief Development Officer and is the organization’s primary resource to ensure that internal and external communication, both printed, online, and on social media, is consistent with approved messaging and branding. The position performs a variety of specialized and administrative functions to increase Operation Stand Down Tennessee’s visibility through the development and distribution of information and materials.
- Design and copywrite flyers, brochures, handouts, and other printed materials.
- Develop content for and maintain the website using Wix.
- Create and execute social media strategy including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Knowledge of emerging social media trends like VSCO, TikTok, Snapchat, and WhatsApp.
- Position OSDTN as a subject matter expert and a pipeline of relevant Veteran information online.
- Create and send newsletters through Emma or RE NXT.
- Write press releases and ensure events and achievements are communicated proactively to media where appropriate.
- Facilitate media statements from CEO and CDO, including scheduling in-person interviews.
- Facilitate marketing campaigns, create timelines, and help plan events, as needed.
- Support executive staff in their marketing/communication needs as assigned.
- Graphic design ability preferred but not required.
A degree in marketing, communication, journalism, public relations, or a related field is required.
A minimum of three years’ experience preferably in a marketing/communication role, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience successfully creating and executing social media strategies which increased engagement and followers.
Knowledge of the Veteran community including news sources, social networks, and cross-promotional opportunities.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Proficient in social media management tools and web management software.
Ability to organize and prioritize work in advance of deadlines.
Ability to fulfill assigned workload with light supervision.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Strong editing skills with attention to detail and fact checking.
Be a positive member of a diverse team
Veteran of the US Military or family member of a US Military Veteran strongly preferred.
The position of Marketing & Communications Specialist is full-time position with applicable benefits.
How to Apply
A resume of no more than 2 pages and a tailored cover letter should be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Selected candidate must pass a drug test and background check.
- Date Posted: March 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/15/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk