Boys & Girls Club of Middle Tennessee
Marketing and Communication Manager (Hybrid)
Boys & Girls Club of Middle Tennessee
Major Duties and Responsibilities for Marketing and Communications Director:
Identify and create opportunities to build public awareness of the impact of our Clubs’ services, programs, and activities to increase funding for BGCMT. Adapt or create messages and vehicles for promoting upcoming events or programs, including newsletters, public service announcements, flyers, etc. Work closely with program, leadership staff and committees to determine potential audiences, best approaches and priorities for the organization which include ways to increase youth served, Club support efforts, and selling out events.
Key Result Areas: Conduct an annual communications audit in order to remain proactive with all messaging to various public bodies.
- Enhance and elevate the visibility of the Clubs in the community, demonstrating value, impact and needs to further engage residents, parents, and businesses to further our mission.
- Ensure consistency in messaging and branding throughout the organization.
- Build strong relationships between media connections, Club staff, ad agencies and key
volunteers, facilitating organizational communication and marketing needs.
- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Keep all media contacts informed, targeting audiences of scheduled special events, feature stories and news stories with the goal of increasing funding for BGCMT.
- Prepare and distribute press releases, social media posts and newsletter articles regarding events and outcomes. Updating bgcmt.org regularly. Serve as photographer as necessary or make arrangements for graphic representations of communications.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan, developing a Marketing and Communications plan to support the organization’s priorities and adjust as needed.
- Participate in the development and coordinate implementation of all marketing and public relations activities in order to increase the visibility of Club programs, services and activities.
- Assess project and event-based needs for marketing materials to determine in-house capabilities versus contracting outside vendors and managing timely, cost-effective production of products and services accordingly.
- Establish and maintain procedures and formats for marketing and public relations materials and activities.
- Continuously develop knowledge of best practices to market Club programs, services and activities within the community.
- Ensure a productive working environment, providing staff support to Club Management on marketing and communications issues. Represents RD department at various staff and committee meetings.
- Hire, train and supervise intern(s) to assist in the production of multi-media, including, but not limited to, print materials, website, and social media in a timely and structured manner, infusing youth voice and creativity.
- Produce and distribute electronic communications (e-blasts, social media, etc.) on a regular basis reflecting strategies identified in the Communications plan.
- Serve as “Gatekeeper” for Boys & Girls Clubs’ branding.
- Serve as key member of an integrated strategy team responsible for mapping BGCMT’s
branding positioning externally via events, conferences, speaking and sponsorships.
- Develop collaborative partnership with Club staff, volunteers, members, parents,
supporters, volunteers, other Clubs, media contacts, consultants and vendors and
other not-for-profit organizations to establish professional links within the community.
- Regularly communicate department activities with Supervisor and negotiate priorities.
- Include all events on key community calendars, newspapers and publications.
- Continue to build email lists for outreach and increase social media engagement.
- Work with Grants & Impact Manager to provide advocacy pieces for distribution to
local, state and federal grantors and supporters at large.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all inclusive)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a similar not-for profit or corporate
organization with an emphasis on marketing, community and public relations.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and public relations
including media relations.
- Superior writing, editing and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and personal information
- Ability to manage stress levels while under strict deadlines by preparing opportunities and managing
against problems in advance; ability to remain flexible during busy seasons.
- Solutions-oriented and willingness to think-outside-the-box.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing and usual computer applications; proficiency in
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, WordPress, and Canva.
- Proficient in utilizing Social Media Platforms for Business such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility.
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details.
- Must be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day
- Valid State Driver’s License and must pass pre-employment background check and
- Required to stand, walk, and sit. Able to use hands and fingers on a (computer) keyboard and other office equipment.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Local traveling, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions and
occasional environmental hazards.
- The noise level in the work environment is minimal exposure to excessive noise or
adverse environment issues, due to work is conducted in an Office setting indoors.
- Perform Safety-sensitive culture requiring a constant state of alertness.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
How to Apply
Send resume and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 50000 - 60000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm