Frist Art Museum
Frist Art Museum
We have one full-time and one part-time position available.
Job Summary: The Martin ArtQuest Facilitator is part of the team responsible for the support of self-directed learning and art making experiences by visitors of all ages in the Martin ArtQuest Gallery, the Frist Art Museum’s interactive gallery. Responsibilities include maintaining the successful daily functioning of the space and all components – art making and technological. The Martin ArtQuest Facilitator uses the highest level of interpersonal and communication skills to demonstrate excellent and outstanding customer service and volunteer relations. Evening and weekend hours are required, as well as administrative holidays.
The following duties are normal for this classification. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Experiential Learning Director.
to support the implementation of activities and stations in the Martin ArtQuest Gallery.
- Facilitate positive self-directed learning and art making experiences for intergenerational learners as individuals, in family units, and in large groups.
- Model excellent and outstanding customer service and volunteer relations.
- Monitor, assess, evaluate, and make adjustments to the interactive gallery to provide a safe learning environment for visitors of all ages.
- Ensure the safety of the original works of art.
- Manage the Martin ArtQuest Gallery during both slow and peak visitation, utilizing volunteer resources and time management skills to ensure an orderly environment.
- Work with co-workers to properly staff Martin ArtQuest Gallery at all times; Maintain regular and harmonious communication regarding daily operations of Martin ArtQuest Gallery.
- Observe and administer all Covid-19- related protocols and procedures to ensure a healthy environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers.
- Maintain Martin ArtQuest Gallery in a clean and orderly fashion throughout the day; Maintain all technology components in Martin ArtQuest Gallery.
- Supervise volunteers in their support of Martin ArtQuest Gallery and their interaction with the public and assist with training and provide daily support to them; review volunteer training manual regularly; Work closely with the Guest Services Director to maintain open communication about volunteers and their schedules.
- Maintain inventory by assisting with receiving orders, organizing supplies, and keeping storage spaces clean and orderly. Coordinate supply lists with other MAQ facilitators and communicate supply needs to the Education Coordinator.
- Organize supplies in Martin ArtQuest and keep stocked at all times, including the literature rack; prepare and distribute art making supplies efficiently and economically.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of upcoming exhibitions through attendance at designated education programs in support of related Martin ArtQuest Gallery activities.
- Works with Frist Art Museum volunteers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Accept projects as assigned by supervisor.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in education, art education, or studio art preferred.
Work Experience: One to two years experience in a school or museum environment or relevant experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work directly with casual museum visitors, teachers, and students of all ages and great diversity.
- Ability to contribute creatively to a team-oriented workplace.
- Flexible and adaptable to working in a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Knowledge and experience in current computer hardware and software, and art materials and resources.
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, make informed decisions, and trouble-shoot in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively via verbal and electronic interaction.
- Ability to work effectively with public and staff on a personal level, with tact and diplomacy.
The Frist Art Museum offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability, long-term care, 401(k), and paid-time off.
How to Apply
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
- Lifting materials up to 25 pounds
- Stooping, bending, kneeling
- Standing for long periods of time
- Working at computer for long periods of time
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should send their resume, references, and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (615) 744-3339
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: May 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: $15.00/hour
- Working Hours: Thursday-Sunday