Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
Manager of Training and Development
Goodwill Industries of Middle TN
The Manager of Training and Development provides comprehensive oversight of Goodwill’s Management Training, Development, and Corporate New Hire Orientation. They will work with the Senior Leadership Team, HR and Donated Goods to create, implement and oversee training and development for the organization. The person in this role will need to be an excellent communicator and creative problem-solver who can build training and development programs that meet the business objectives for the organization.
- Creates, designs and implements a variety of training and development programs to support business objectives and provide development opportunities for employees.
- Links training programs and initiatives to business objectives to support current and future business needs.
- Analyzes training and development programs for effectiveness, modifies and improves existing programs to meet business objectives and provide professional development opportunities.
- Develops training procedure manuals and development course materials. Partner with the marketing team to ensure these items are appropriately branded.
- Plan, develop and provide training and staff development programs, using knowledge of effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on the job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Identify, select and utilize instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning.
- Identifying the educational needs of others, develop the training programs or classes to meet this need.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Responsible for collaborating with members of the HR team and Senior Leadership in developing a training programs for Store Managers and other critical positions for the organization.
- Develops and monitors key success metrics (quantitative and qualitative) for HR training activities. Reports regularly on these metrics.
- Facilitates training to ensure learning happens in an inclusive environment resulting in high engagement.
- Identifies training needs, formulates recommendations, and develops effective training and training materials with support from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Develops and facilitates management training related to best practices.
- Reviews the onboarding program and other training for continuous improvements.
- Ensures proper documentation is maintained. Escalates issues appropriately to department leadership.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintains regular, reliable attendance, as defined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in organizational development, industrial psychology, human resources, business or other related area is required.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- 3-5 years of training and/or development experience.
- Project management, organizational and analytic skills in order to manage multiple processes and initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong facilitation and program delivery skills to support the creation and maintenance of new trainings.
- Experience working in a matrixed environment a plus.
Knowledge and Skills
- Collaborative with proven ability to build rapport at all levels of the organization and leverage networks.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement of training practices, systems, processes, and tools.
- Superior oral and written skills, including the ability to influence others.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to effectively represent the company to others.
- Able to resolve issues successfully when handling situations that are not clearly defined and require sound judgement and decision making.
- Able to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Able to effectively problem-solve.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to establish and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Superior organizational skills as well as ability to prioritize, be thorough and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, project management and change management skills.
- Knowledgeable regarding federal, local and state employment laws.
- Able to understand, communicated, comply with and administer policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and other computer skills.
Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee’s mission is to change lives through education, training, and employment.
Full-Time Benefits: Health and Prescription Insurance, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Holiday, & Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Employee Assistance Program, Direct Deposit, Credit Union Membership
How to Apply
Please apply on our website: https://goodwillmiddletn.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/goodwill/job/Nashville-TN/Manager-of-Training-and-Development_12919
- Date Posted: October 21, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Service Area: Community Development