MANAGER OF SUPPORT SERVICES (MSS) for Young Adults
Crossroads Campus, dba Crossroads Pets-Shop and Adopt, is a 501C-3. We operate a social enterprise which is a pet retail shop, with grooming and self- wash. We have a passion for creating and fostering caring connections between people and pets. We believe in the healing power of the human – animal bond. We have a pet adoption program and job training program both administered out of our social enterprise, as well as a pilot-scale residential program which provides affordable housing and support services for four young adults.
We are seeking a Manager of Support Services (MSS) to work with our interns and residents, ages 18-24. Many have histories of homelessness, are at risk of homelessness, or live paycheck-to-paycheck.
The MSS will be responsible for providing case management for the interns and residents in our program. We expect a typical case load to be 10 individuals receiving weekly case management. The MSS will assist individuals with a wide range of services focused on removing barriers in order to help gain independence. The MSS will help residents set attainable, self-identified goals, as well as goals related to education, employment and independent housing.
The MSS should expect to work as part of the team supporting the social enterprise in addition to case management responsibilities.
Case Management/Direct Engagement- 60%
· Accessing community resources, such as healthcare and transportation
· Budgeting and financial management
· Job searches and resume building
· Obtaining vital documentation (birth certificates, social security cards, drivers licenses)
· Enrolling in higher education
· Mental Health Referrals
· Emotional Support
· Group conversations & trainings, as needed
· Providing transportation, as necessary
· Systems navigation
· Working with community partners
Assessment, Documentation, Data Collection, Data Entry- 25%
· Quarterly assessment using the DLA-20 (Daily Living Activities assessment)
· Development and maintenance of Individual Program Plans
· Documentation of meetings
· Administration of Exit Interviews and Program Follow-ups
· Oversight of client data and files
· Oversight of program forms
Supporting Agency Activities- 15%
· Administrative support for program team
· Operations support for affordable housing unit
· Operations support for retail store
Position requires a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the client population. Some weekends and evening work required. Some emergency on call may occur.
– Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in social work, psychology, or related field. A strong preference will be given to a Master’s degree, specifically an MSW or related field.
– Must focus on a strengths-based approach
– Must have an understanding of trauma informed care.
– Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
– Driver’s license, clean DMV record, and automobile liability insurance required
– Familiarity with other supportive agencies in the Nashville area in order to make referrals, as appropriate
– Commitment addressing issues of homelessness among young adults
– Commitment to removing barriers and navigating challenging social systems for young adults
– Computer and Microsoft Office competency
· Salesforce experience a plus
– Must pass background check
Crossroads offers a competitive salary, health insurance and benefits package
How to Apply
Email resume to email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 9, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Salary Range: $42000 to $48000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F