Manager of Programs/Adoption Aid
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to adoption.
The Manager of Programs/Adoption Aid supports the Director of Programs to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
This position is responsible for general oversight of Show Hope’s Adoption Aid program,including interfacing with parents considering adoption, fostering relationships with adoption agencies and support organizations, and managing all aspects of Show Hope’s Adoption Aid grant application process, including maintaining and reconciling Adoption Aid grant recordkeeping. This person is responsible for acquiring and accepting completed Adoption Aid applications for committee consideration, reviewing applications to ensure complete and accurate receipt of requested information, and vetting all applicants in preparation for quarterly review by the Adoption Aid grant committee. The Manager of Programs/Adoption Aid serves as a champion and “sounding board” for all Adoption Aid applicants—regardless of award status—during the adoption process. The Manager of Programs/Adoption Aid will travel as needed to represent Show Hope.
The Manager of Programs/Adoption Aid reports to the Director of Programs and supports the
Programs team to serve Show Hope in the following key areas:
● Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan, managing various tasks pertinent to the assigned department and working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership, and Director of the department.
● Manage/lead direct reports, interns, outside agencies and relationships to obtain desired results while maintaining commitment to Show Hope’s core values.
● Manage the performance of necessary office work that is directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope.
● Provide oversight to Show Hope’s Adoption Aid grant program
● Responsible for the Adoption Aid grant process, including acceptance, review, and presentation of Adoption Aid grant applications for Adoption Aid grant committee’s approval
● Responsible for successfully and accurately completing the review process for Adoption Aid grant applications in a timely manner
● Support Programs team in disbursement of grant funds when requested by adoption agencies and help manage outstanding grants
● Respond to inquiries and support families in the adoption process
● Responsible for managing a robust application review process by incorporating trauma-informed, attachment-focused principles into evaluations
● Complete applicant overviews using clear and concise narrative without error, communicating a unique sense of each individual applicant to the Adoption Aid grant committee
● Assist in preparing for the Adoption Aid grant committee meetings by providing documentation and information needed for each Adoption Aid grant committee member as requested
● Report to and support the Director of Programs as needed with any program or event-related activity
● Provide weekly updates to the Director of Programs, ensuring goals are met in a timely manner
● Support the Programs team as needed, including help with Pre+Post Adoption Support events/resources, Medical Care grants, Student Initiatives, or other duties as assigned
● Assist, as needed, with other administrative aspects of Programs, including but not limited to budget details, strategic planning and tracking, processing receipts for purchases, running reports, ordering supplies, providing updates for presentations, and preparing mailings
● Serve as Show Hope’s primary point of contact interfacing with adoption agencies
● Act as a representative within the adoption advocacy, orphan care support, and child welfare community as needed at key meetings and/or regional and national conferences
● Provide Communications team with information as needed for events, publications, campaigns, content, and general inquiries
● 5+ years of office experience in related field (i.e. Adoption Advocacy; Child Welfare)
● Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred
● Strong understanding of landscape of adoption, including the adoption process, adoption triad support, adoption agency protocols, relevant policies, and effective support resources
● Working knowledge of Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) preferred
● Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
● Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Apps, Google Analytics, and other analytical programs
● Knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, or other CRM tools considered a plus
● A self-starter who is flexible and able to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
● Highly detailed and task-oriented with the ability to work within a team structure when completing these tasks
● Strong project management skills with proven track record of implementing and managing details with efficiency and excellence
● Occasional travel as needed
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Religious