Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Manager of Program Enhancements
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
JOB TITLE: Manager of Program Enhancements
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Development
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Salary
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
BIGGER AND BETTER TOGETHER
For over 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee has served young people in the Middle TN region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality, innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
WE ARE AN AGENCY THAT CELEBRATES DIFFERENCES
We show each other dignity through our partnerships, decisions, and language. We intentionally engage, represent, and partner with our diverse communities. We demonstrate our values by learning together with staff, board, volunteers, youth, families, and investors to think and act with sensitivity and intentionality. Driven by the voice of our stakeholders, our agency develops responsive and respectful programming and builds strategic and thoughtful alliances.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members brings unique perspectives and skills, and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN, you will be inspired by talented, passionate colleagues who will motivate you to do and be your best. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
Day to day: The primary function of this position is to be responsible for supporting the development and incubation of program enhancements and initiatives that increase the capacity of BBBSMT to deliver effective programming. This will include: 1) Enhancing existing programming by sharing industry best practices, input from communities, and capacity building tools. 2) incubating programming using best practices emerging from research, industry standards, partner organizations, etc., 3) supporting the development and implementation of BBBSMT’s virtual mentoring platform (MentorHub), and 4) assisting in the incubation and implementation of the MentorCorps Fellowship Initiative.
- Enhancing Existing Programming
- Assist in capacity building consultation with program staff and leadership to ensure policies stay in alignment with best practices for serving population-specific groups of youth (i.e. LGBTQ+, youth of color, etc.) who have been impacted by trauma.
- Ensure BBBSMT teams are resourced and prepared to implement trauma-informed service.
- Assist in implementing and documenting emerging best practices into newly incubating programs to establish consistent and standardized operating procedures
- Incubating Programming
- Identify best practices that emerge from research, community/participant input, and lessons learned during incubation to make recommendations for the development and execution of culturally specific programming. In collaboration with BBBSMT Programs Managers and teams, develop systems for the implementation of these best practices.
- Ensure deliverables required of population-specific grants are completed and documented in a timely manner.
- Develop, curate, and deliver training for mentors matched with youth who are part of specific communities.(i.e., LGBTQ+ youth, youth of color, etc.)
- Initiate and prepare population-specific programming for implementation into ongoing service delivery.
- Plan, convene, and facilitate population-specific focus groups as needed, utilizing the lessons learned to direct population-specific initiatives.
- Serve as BBBSMT representative on community coalitions and committees as needed to sharpen our work in the community.
- Implementation and management of BBBSMT’s virtual mentoring platform (MentorHub)
- Support implementation of and maintenance MentorHub across programs. This might include supervising the migration of content to the MentorHub platform, providing technical support to program staff, or other duties as assigned.
- Assist in developing educational resources for MentorHub, with community input, that support program specific, population-specific, and/or culturally relevant mentoring.
- With input from key stakeholders, including the Director the Program Development, VP of Programs, and Program Managers, and others, oversee selection, curation, migration, and maintenance of content for guides and goals to support matches across programs, including content intended for specific populations.
- Gather, document, and share feedback from internal users (i.e. program managers and specialists) with Director of Program Development to assist in establishing priorities for needed fixes and enhancements.
- Work with Program Staff to gather, document, and share feedback from participant users (i.e., Bigs and Littles), and share with Director of Program Development to assist in establishing priorities for needed fixes and enhancements.
- Manage and support the operation of app-based platform. Tasks might include troubleshooting with users, data migration, managing settings on the platform, etc.
- Incubation and Implementation of MentorCorps Fellow Initiative
- Curate, develop and/or deliver training for MentorCorps Fellows targeted towards key professional development outcomes identified by key stakeholders such as the VP of Programs, VP of Capacity Building Initiatives, Director of Youth Equity and Engagement, and the Director of Program Development, etc.
- Support MentorCorps Fellows through supervision, training, and resource development.
- Oversee the pilot of embedded mentoring and the deployment of MentorCorps fellows in partner organizations.
- Support the implementation and ongoing development of MentorCorps Fellows by curating population-specific resources or training that empower them to mentor youth from trauma-impacted communities (such as LGBTQ+, youth of color, etc.) in a culturally relevant way.
- Assist in process of determining need and deployment of MCFs. This might include but is not limited to managing capacity survey collection, participating in hiring processes, or facilitating project selection.
This Job May Be For You…
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a demonstrated aptitude for:
- Developing processes that reach stated goals
- Managing projects effectively
- Adapting to shifting priorities
- Showing leadership during change
- Thinking strategically about projects and goals
- Valuing diversity and cultural humility
- Effectively collaborating across teams
- Communicating with consistency and clarity
- Prioritizing continuous learning
- Showing attention to detail
- Finding solutions to complex problems
- Organizing time and projects effectively
- Engaging with online tools and platforms
Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
Because we hire the best people and value our staff, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN works hard to provide competitive benefits to our team. Our comprehensive benefits package, which helps to support a healthy work/life balance, includes:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – a generous portion is paid by BBBSMT
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Immediate enrollment in our 403B — We match 50% of what you contribute up to 6% of pay and staff are vested after 12 months of employment
- Professional training & development programs
- Opportunities for advancement- we promote from within!
- 20 days of paid time off
- 16 paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Flexible work schedule with a hybrid (remote work/in-office work) work environment
- Professional resume, LinkedIn profile and headshot
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies necessary to perform the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They should not be regarded as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSMT may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the organization’s needs.
To see more of the impact we are making: http://www.mentorakid.org
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Your Name – Manager of Program Enhancements” in the subject line OR mail to
Director of Employee Experience
1704 Charlotte Ave. Suite 130
Nashville, TN 37203
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Date Posted: January 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth