Manager of Outreach
New Horizons Life Skills
Reports to: Executive Director and Director of Finance
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The Manager of Outreach and Advancement is a full-time position to promote New Horizons Life Skills (NHLS), build relationships, identify potential program partnerships, build board recruitment and engagement, increase awareness, and assist with fundraising.
Our Mission: To support adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by advocating for their rights and dignity, providing person-centered services and programs, and ensuring their independence through meaningful work, living conditions, and access to the community.
Development Responsibilities (50%)
- Identify prospective donors and work with Manager of Development to facilitate stewardship activities to increase retention;
- Initiate meetings with various supporter prospects;
- Enter all communications and meaningful interactions (emails, phone calls, meetings, etc.) with all constituents into Salesforce, including post-meeting notes;
- Plan and coordinate fundraising and promotional events and activities with Manager of Development;
- Follow ethical fundraising policies and procedures;
- Plan and draft supporting communications with Manager of Development: newsletters, letters, printed collateral, and special campaigns;
- Follow and assist in developing fundraising calendar;
- Work with Manager of Development to process all fundraising mailings.
Outreach Responsibilities (50%)
- Help to identify, cultivate, and recruit new board members while working with existing board leadership;
- Oversee and generate outreach communications to enhance awareness of New Horizons Life Skills’ work and ensure a compelling presence to inform, inspire, and cultivate engagement;
- Generate traditional and social media content including: website content, compilation of photos and stories, securing photo releases, and regularly posting to social media with help with Manager of Development;
- Identify opportunities for community partnerships to can help NHLS’ clients;
- Develop press releases and solicit media coverage to publicize NHLS’ work;
Monitor, evaluate, and report on all outreach activities towards weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual goals
- Empathy and compassion for the people served by New Horizons Life Skills;
- The ability to build rapport and communicate effectively in writing, on the phone, and in person;
- The ability to consistently meet and surpass goals;
- Creativity and problem-solving skills;
- A commitment to furthering a culture of advocacy, reciprocity, and philanthropy at all levels of the agency;
- Exceptional organizational skills, self-motivation, and ability to multi-task;
- Eagerness to manage and discover the capabilities of communications and relevant software;
- Accountability in documenting productivity and tangible accomplishments for New Horizons Life Skills;
- A commitment to teamwork with staff members and the Board of Directors.
- Knowledge of CRM databases, especially Salesforce;
- Proficiency with Microsoft products;
- Ability to track expenses of position, maintain a budget, and follow proper expense procedures.
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation based on experience.
New Horizons Corporation dba New Horizons Life Skills provides a wide-range of services to a diverse population, supporting individuals with Down syndrome, cerebral palsy, autism, epilepsy, and many more. Many persons affiliated with New Horizons Life Skills have additional physical disabilities. New Horizons Life Skills welcomes all persons regardless of ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, or gender.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Lee Sherwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: February 8, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Competitive non-profit compensation based on experience.