Manager of Oasis College Connection
Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came together to establish the “Rap House,” a simple community center for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years later, the “Rap House” has evolved into Oasis Center, where nearly 4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based on the foundation of four areas for youth success: Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity.
Right now, our agency is growing – so if you have talent and skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make a career in making a difference, please consider joining our incredible Oasis Center team.
Vision: to live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
Position: Manager of Oasis College Connection
Summary: Manage the work of the 8-school based college access mentors as they manage financial aid, scholarship, and application activities for students and their families in order to impart hope, build confidence, communicate the importance of education, and bring students and colleges together. Provide guidance and counseling to students and families regarding college choice.
- Supervise the work of the college mentors
- Maintain quality working relations with MNPS Principals and school staff
- Manage all data and supporting documents related to work flow tracking and activities
- Ensure that mentors are trained and prepared for the job
- Advocate for mentors at their schools when needed
- On-going professional development for mentors and student success advocates
- Provide admissions application assistance including: application reviews, transcript submission, essay assistance, recommendations.
- Verify new and continuing college attendance with the Clearinghouse
- Support community-based efforts occurring at satellite positions.
- Counsel students and families on financial aid and financial planning for postsecondary education
- Provide regular reports to the Senior Director as required; contribute to the completion of all grant related reports
- Attend organization staff and departmental meetings as assigned.
- Participate in the hiring and evaluation of program staff. Coordinate orientation of new OCC staff.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum three years of experience in financial aid or financial aid planning.
- Two years supervision experience preferred.
- Knowledge of financial aid policies and issues.
- Public speaking experience.
- Ability to effectively collect, organize, and retrieve large amounts of data.
- Knowledge of higher education and barriers to higher education for low-income and first-generation college bound students.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize office equipment and computer software.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, students, and the community.
- Knowledge and ability to apply positive youth development principles.
- Knowledge and ability to apply youth development theory.
- Knowledge of adolescent development and family development.
- Ability to work with teens from a Youth Engagement perspective.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Health + HSA
Free employee Dental & Vision
Free LTD & Life Insurance policy
Paid Parental Leave
401K + up to 3% match
12 Paid Holidays
How to Apply
Procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Lee Gray – email@example.com
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Date Posted: February 8, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 45K-52K