Manager of Family Services
This position develops and implements innovative and developmentally appropriate whole family focused programming. Responsible for oversight and management of the YWCA Family Services Program.
Relationships and Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with immediate peers, other department peers, other organization employees and immediate supervisor.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains professional working relationships with vendors and volunteers, as required. Participates on committees and initiatives in the areas of Child Development, Strengthening Families, Adverse Childhood Experiences, the Intersectionality of Race and Domestic Violence and Social Emotional development.
- Designs, implements, evaluates and updates the Family Services program to ensure the program is meeting or exceeding all outcomes in accordance with government contract or grants and YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee standards.
- Establishes and manages effective relationships with community organizations to expand base of resources and ensure effective linkages to services for families.
- Serves as program liaison with schools, day care centers and other agencies.
- Monitors compliance with departmental and organizational budget, forecasts spending, approves check requests.
- Creates and presents the Family Services program budget.
- Monitors and assists in facilitation of Strengthening Families group curriculum or any similar family support curriculum.
- Ensures family services program documentation is completed accurately and timely and in accordance with grant and YWCA standards.
- Supervises and provides performance management of the Family Services team in a consistent and timely manner.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate ongoing staff development trainings, ensuring staff are well versed in Positive Discipline models, Adverse Childhood Experiences, Trauma Informed Care practices, Verbal De-Escalation techniques, children’s enrichment activities, structural and systematic racism, and effective service delivery models.
- Collaborates with members of Weaver management team and additional YWCA program staff to coordinate referrals and services.
- Within the framework of grant requirements, creates and manages programs and programmatic materials that focus on children’s’ enrichment activities.
- Assume responsibility for residential coverage, as needed
- Attends All-Staff, programs, relevant community collaboration meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate manner at relevant meetings and forums.
- Ensures coordination of volunteers and interns, providing training and supervision.
- Ensures implementation of and adherence to policies and procedures of YWCA and program services.
- Protects resident confidentiality and confidentiality of records.
- Provides transportation when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field or equivalent relevant work experience. Master’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred. Previous leadership and team management experience of 1 to 3 years is required. Training in children’s enrichment activities, Trauma Informed Care and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) required; LMFT, LCSW, LPC-MHSP licensed or license eligible preferred. Experience in establishing and/or managing a family services-oriented program preferred. Must demonstrate experience working with marginalized women and children.
- Ability to carry boxes/materials with various weights up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extending periods of time.
- Ability to travel throughout community to participate in job sanctioned activities.
- Ability to speak concisely.
- Ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, a clear driving record for the last three years and use of a personal vehicle
- Ability to work extended or flexible hours, including nights and weekends when appropriate.
- CPR Certified.
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- A thorough understanding of Trauma Informed Care
- Knowledge of the cycle of domestic violence
- Knowledge of positive youth development principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Planning and project management skills
- The ability to lead and motivate a team including volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Skills in interpreting numerical and statistical data
- Highly organized and self-motivated, able to work efficiently on an individual basis or as part of a team
- Experience in serving diverse populations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to troubleshoot database applications
- Understanding and sensitivity of the intersectionality of race and domestic violence
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing
The YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Apply using this link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=77525&clientkey=75324105F162349CC419382B93E8056D
- Date Posted: April 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 04/07/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs./wk, M-F