The Nashville Entrepreneur Center
Manager of Equity, Inclusion & Community
The Nashville Entrepreneur Center
The Nashville Entrepreneur Center (EC) is seeking a Manager of Equity, Inclusion, and Community.
The EC is committed to democratizing access to entrepreneurship and runs an industry-leading effort to fulfill that vision through its Twende initiative and related programming. The EC is seeking a dynamic, highly organized, and people driven leader to help drive the next phase of growth for this work.
As the Manager of Equity, Inclusion, & Community, you will report directly to the VP of Equity, Inclusion, & Community. You will be primarily responsible for managing project work and timelines, program operations and execution, and communications with program participants and supporters. You will thrive in this role if you enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously, working in a fast-paced environment, are naturally organized and detail-oriented, and enjoy working with a wide variety of stakeholders. In a typical day you may update the team on Twende’s expansion timeline, book speakers for future events, run the operations for a guest lecture, and coordinate the matching of homework assignments to advisors. The ideal candidate is independently motivated, thrives in changing and entrepreneurial environments, is naturally collaborative, and enjoys bringing order, process, and systems to new areas of work. While you will work with the full EC team and most closely with the VP of Equity, Inclusion, & Community, you will be most successful if you enjoy having the independence to determine much of your own workflow and processes in service of company objectives. You will be expected to proactively identify and solve problems independently.
As this role is in our Equity, Inclusion, & Community department, some familiarity with current Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion theories, language, and knowledge is preferred, but not necessary. We can help the right candidate develop that formal knowledge set if they don’t already have it.
At the end of the day, you will work with an outstanding team to make the world a better place.
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Managing project work and timelines
- Helping to create, manage, and execute on marketing, programming, recruitment, and operational plans as we expand Twende and related work.
- Managing program operations
- Enrolling, onboarding, and handling administration of program participants.
- Booking and coordinating speakers, advisors, and program events.
- Tracking program participants needs and progress.
- Managing scholarship selection process, awards, tracking, and reporting.
- Serving as first point of contact for program participants needing support or help accessing EC resources.
- External support
- Manage efforts to recruit prospective program participants
- Support the VP of Equity, Inclusion, & Community’s high-level partner, customers, and stakeholder engagement
Key domains: project management, program operations, customer service, data management and reporting, communication
- 3-5 years professional experience, preferably in lean work environments (startups, nonprofits, education, etc…)
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills: Highly organized, attention to detail, punctual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a wide range of stakeholder groups
- Ability to influence people without authority
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people, particularly with respect to age, race, economic background, gender and national origin
- Preferred, but not required skills:
- Experience leading groups of adults
- Experience in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Experience with both virtual and in-person professional engagements
- Baseline understanding of contemporary DEI practices/orientations in the workforce
- Familiarity with key tools to be deployed in the role including Zoom, Google Meet, Slack, G-Suite
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 18, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development