Manager of Communications/Projects + Copywriter
Show Hope’s mission is to care for orphans by engaging the Church and reducing the barriers to adoption.
The Manager of Communications/Projects + Copywriter supports the Director of Communications to promote Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan. Personal qualities include integrity, credibility, and a willingness to sign Show Hope’s Statement of Faith.
The Manager of Communications oversees the procurement and production of communications projects as well as assists in the creation of content to support fundraising and awareness campaigns. The Manager of Communications collaborates with the Communications, Development, and Programs teams to ensure projects and campaigns are executed with excellence and align with Show Hope’s strategic plans and goals.
- Support Show Hope’s mission, vision, core values, and strategic plan, managing various tasks pertinent to the assigned department and working with the Executive Director, Executive Leadership, and Director of the department.
- Manage/lead direct reports, interns, outside agencies and relationships to obtain desired results while maintaining commitment to Show Hope’s core values.
- Manage the performance of necessary office work that is directly related to the administration or general business of Show Hope.
- Manage relationships with production agencies and vendors to ensure projects and tasks are completed, ensuring mission and core values are advanced while meeting brand standards and style guidelines.
- Build and manage production schedules related to print, email, events, etc., including but not limited to identifying production agencies and vendors as well as the procurement of paper, presstime, and other necessary production materials.
- Serve as a primary content writer and editor for fundraising and programmatic awareness campaigns.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Programs team in securing content subjects and stories for fundraising and awareness campaigns.
- Assist the Director of Communications in content development and direction for fundraising and awareness campaigns.
- Support Show Hope sponsorship programs.
- Support the Communications team in the development of content and creative direction, specifically related to events.
- Support the Director of Communications and Manager of Communications/Creative Services in ensuring brand standards and style guidelines are met.
- Assist the Director of Communications in ensuring fundraising and awareness campaigns promote Founders vision and advance Founders voice/brand within overall Show Hope brand
- Assist in the development and management of Communications budget in regard to print, postage, shipping, and production
- 3 to 5 years professional experience in project management
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff, vendors, and donors/customers
- Writing and editing experience a must (with samples)
- Knowledge of “The Associated Press Stylebook”
- Proficiency with project management systems (i.e. Asana) email service providers (i.e. Pardot), and content management systems (i.e. WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) a must.
- Strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines concurrently with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations is a plus.
- Valid State Driver’s License and ability to use own vehicle for occasional business purposes.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: March 23, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Religious