United Way of Greater Nashville
Manager of Client Care
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Family Collective Client Care Manager contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by providing leadership and oversight for client care across The Family Collective. The Client Care Manager consults with coaches, their supervisors, and Associate Directors as needed. This manager will assist in monitoring cases, assessing client needs, client engagement and documentation by the family coaches in order to ensure the highest level of client care. This position is keenly aware of program operations and assists in ensuring day-to-day operations are running smoothly in order to allow program objectives to be met.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Provides guidance and support for team members and family coaches in order to ensure the team has knowledge and resources needed to achieve departmental goals.
- Ensures the client care across The Family Collective is consistent, client focused, trauma informed, and appropriately executed to create a layer of consistency, quality, and equity.
- Provide care planning and case consultation to all family coaches and any supervisors who manage a family coach within the network.
- Facilitate discussion with the family coach and the CARE team to create and implement plans that help an individual or family.
- Support the family coach in creating care plans that assist families in areas such as caring for children, affording healthcare, acquiring necessary housing or food assistance, mental health supports, family engagement with the community and more.
- Support and guide the family coach to streamline social services, coordinate care and services, and support the family in their self-identified goals.
- Ensures adherence to best practices to promote optimal family outcomes and client experience.
- Participates as necessary in team required meetings and represents staff in appropriate meetings.
- Enhance existing services that assess families’ short term and long-term goals at intake and development of care plan leading to successful outcomes such as permanent housing, enrollment or completion of higher education, increasing financial literacy, referrals to community resources, and many more.
- Works collaboratively with Financial Stability Manager to ensure that family coaches are adequately trained in providing basic financial literacy counseling to their families.
- Ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to family coaching and client care.
- Works in collaboration with Associate Directors to support staff training on multiple data platforms
- Works in collaboration with Associate Directors to inform design, outcomes, and data points established internally, and by funders, to share progress of families experience in services.
Partnership and Professional Development
- Work in collaboration with Associate Directors to support and create partnerships that increase resources, knowledge, and revenue within the two-gen client care arena
- Work in collaboration with Associate Directors to facilitate work group meetings to advance collective impact efforts.
- Support the network of partners by conducting trainings, presentations, and meetings related to the behavioral sciences (ex: social work, basic therapeutic interventions, case management, family coaching, etc.)
- Support the Associate Directors in coordinating, developing, implementing programming based in best practices and evidenced-based approaches.
- Work with partners to encourage best practices in program delivery, evaluation, and reporting
- Conduct research on Two-Generation Approaches, Family Coaching, and Case Management models to ensure processes and program delivery are aligned with evidence-based programming and best practices.
- Stays abreast of current trends, trainings, initiatives, and best practices in the social work/counseling, case management, family coaching, and 2Gen fields.
- In collaboration with Associate Directors, develops and maintains collaborative partnerships across Middle TN and Nashville with the purpose of gaining the necessary resources for program continuity and growth
- In collaboration with Associate Directors, represent UWGN’s health interests at community leadership tables including local, state, and public or private convening in order to share UWGN’s mission and position for partnership.
- Ensures efficient inter-program and partner communication by distributing information in a timely manner, allowing for team members to be aware of progress in programs, projects, and procedures
- Assists in the maintenance of program related databases to be used as a tracking tool for effective outcome reporting and evaluation
- Keenly aware of program and assists in ensuring day-to-day functions are running smoothly to allow objectives to be met
- Assist with facilitation of special projects
- Assist in coordination and facilitation of special programming, professional development or other similar activities (i.e.: case management certification) that will enhance programming and increase competencies with partners and/or families in the program
- Support all registration needs of special projects to ensure an accurate record of attendance and measure relevance to the program
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or a related field
- Must have obtained or obtain licensure in a related field within 1 year (Ex: LMSW, LCSW, LPC, LPC-MHSP, LMFT)
- Social work or related field
- Administrative Support: 1 year
- Project Management: 1 year
- Basic therapeutic skills
- Conflict resolution
- Counseling, social work, coaching, case management
- Staff management
- Strong written, verbal, and technological communication
- Relationship cultivation and management
- Understanding metrics and evaluation
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Basic computing skills
- Serving vulnerable communities
- Two-Generation Approach
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
United Way of Greater Nashville offers a competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Please follow link below to apply:
- Date Posted: September 4, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 10/01/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm