Manager of Child Development Services
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
This position develops and provides high -quality educational programming for children residing at the Weaver Domestic Violence Center. Supervises the program to make certain children are provided a nurturing, stimulating, non-punitive and culturally sensitive environment that encourages language, self-expression, exploration, creativity, cognitive development, and the development of positive relationships. This is a Mon-Fri part-time position, averaging 25 hours per week. The working hours are from 3 pm to 8 pm, with an alternate summer schedule of 8 am to 1 pm in the summer.
- Create and implement innovative and developmentally appropriate activities for children from birth to 17-years-old
- Keep accurate documentation
- Use behavioral management techniques: positive reinforcement, praise, encouragement, and redirection
- Maintain a safe and healthy learning environment
- Provide constant supervision of all children during all activities
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive children’s program from daycare to educational enrichment
- Plan and oversee spring and summer camps
- Attends All-Staff, programs, relevant community collaboration meetings and other meetings as requested
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate manner at relevant meetings and forums
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, social work or related field Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) credential preferred. Trained in Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) preferred.
This is a part-time position; ineligible for benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply here
- Date Posted: February 6, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Working Hours: 25 hrs/wk M-F