Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Manager, Investor Engagement
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
The Manager, Investor Engagement is an integral part of the Investor Relations team, with primary responsibility for creating a positive investor experience. This position will take a proactive approach to involving investors in Partnership initiatives, developing meaningful connections with top executives of Partnership investor companies while promoting participation and involvement deeper into investors companies. Expanding investor engagement in Partnership and the Chamber will lead to increased retention and continuity when leadership transitions occur within investor companies.
The Manager, Investor Engagement will have primary responsibility for large Partnership events, including content development, scheduling and scripting for Full Investor meetings, Economic Development Council, Silver-Level VIP events, and other events as needed.
Working to fulfill the funding pipeline, the Manager, Investor Engagement will research and support new prospective investor sales pipeline, onboarding new investors, writing grant proposals, and overall ensuring long-term investor retention and engagement.
- Responsible for planning and executing Partnership events including but not limited to Full Investor meetings (4 per year), ED Council (4 per year), Coffee Connect (2-3 per year), Silver-Level VIP events (1-2 per year), and others as needed.
- Participate on-site in set-up, tear-down, registration, audio visual assistance, virtual platforms and other logistical needs for all Partnership events including CEO Dinner, Lead Investor Council, etc.
- In coordination with Sr. Director, Investor Relations, responsible for content development, scheduling, and logistical planning (venue, catering, registration)
- Prepare and distribute scripts and/or talking points to Partnership chair(s) and any external guest speakers as necessary at Partnership events.
- Maintain Partnership events calendar, ensure chair availability when booking Partnership events, and work across theaters to confirm availability and programming for each event.
- Send save the dates and official invitations to Partnership events.
- Serve as Investor Relations point person on Chamber and Partnership Annual Meeting planning team.
- Ensure all P2030 event expense goals are met.
Partnership Investor Engagement and Retention
- In coordination with Member Relations, maintain system for tracking investor engagement and interest by company and employee, and proactively work with all theaters to engage investors in the Chamber’s work.
- Build and maintain relationships with top executives and employees of Partnership investor companies, ensuring involvement in various Partnership committees and initiatives as needed.
- Conduct engagement presentations and one-on-one engagement meetings to encourage deeper involvement and awareness within investor companies.
- Write and submit all funding grant requests to business and community foundations for annual Partnership revenue.
- Respond promptly to day-to-day inquiries from investors, assuring the highest level of customer service.
- Assist in development of P2030 Ambassador initiative as an engagement opportunity for existing investors to welcome and mentor new investor participants.
- Coordinate recurring touchpoints for each investor company for Investor Relations/Economic Development teams.
Partnership Investor Revenue (Renewal & New)
- Identify and research new Partnership investor prospects to secure new P2030 revenue.
- Serve as staff leader to onboard all new and renewing Partnership investors and manage their needs including securing their Schedule of Support, profile information and contacts, and other required information to fulfill their investor benefits.
- As part of onboarding process, schedule meetings with new investors or investor representatives with Economic Development team.
- Assist in sales visits to new and existing investors to secure their commitments for the current and/or future years and ensure proper accounting paperwork for any billing changes.
- In coordination with Sr. Director, Investor Relations, submit funding grant requests to business and community foundations.
- Work with Investor Relations team to ensure Partnership sales and retention budget and forecast goals are met.
- Coordinate with Sr. Director, Investor Relations on social media and digital content about Partnership investors for communications team to share through the Chamber’s online platforms.
- Manage database of Partnership investors and ensure public web profiles are up to date.
- Manage the monthly P2030 email newsletter, including the curation of economic development announcements, Chamber news and investor content, and scheduling with the communications team.
Strategy Development and Funding Campaign (intermittent during the 5-year cycle)
- Assist in managing investor engagement in development of 5-year strategy (surveys, meetings, etc.). Schedule and participate in investment requests for new 5-year strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the areas of Business, Marketing, or Public Relations
- A minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, event management, investor relations and development or sales/marketing
- Experience in developing revenue
- Experience in social media
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; public speaking experience preferred
- Strong organizational skills, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs
- Able to identify strategic issues and develop plans and resources to accomplish objectives
- Must be excellent “multi-tasker” and capable of working productively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to problem solve in short time periods
- Work and make decisions with little to no supervision
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships with top corporate officers and community leaders
- Great enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Proven leadership of a diverse platform of programs and events, especially in a non-profit organization
- Combination of desk work and off-site meetings and events
- Occasional lifting of light objects (less than 24 pounds)
- Intermittently walking, standing, bending and carrying
- Requires use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations
- Manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity needed
- Some repetitive motion is involved
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to events and meetings/consistent access to a vehicle
- Work requires visits to other businesses in the local area
- Requires attendance at events before and after normal business hours
The current benefit package includes basic group life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and holidays. In addition, the Chamber offers health insurance at standard Chamber rate, dental coverage at the standard Chamber rate, vision coverage at the standard Chamber rate, and eligibility for the 401(k) program.
How to Apply
Submitt cover letter and resume here.
- Date Posted: May 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 05/02/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8:00-5:00