Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement – Take Steps/Special Events
Crohn's & Colitis Foundation
The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Take Steps/Special Events) works in partnership with Foundation leaders, community volunteers and committees to drive growth and success in the Take Steps and special events fundraising campaigns. This individual will identify, recruit, train and partner with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize their engagement in order to advance the mission of the Foundation.
The Manager travels throughout the designated market area to meet with constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters. The Manager will help to identify and cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the IBD community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the Take Steps fundraising campaign and provide input into the development of a plan to strategically execute peer-to-peer fundraising best practices.
- Identify and cultivate corporate, healthcare and community partners who will maximize growth and revenue impact on Take Steps fundraising campaign.
- Partner with special event committee to cultivate auction, identify additional event revenue streams and other event related responsibilities as necessary.
- Develop impactful relationships within the patient, healthcare and corporate community, empowering them to tell their stories through direct peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Go the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, use that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way. Communicate shared vision by utilizing national campaign and marketing materials, adjusting as appropriate.
- Create annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management to ensure success of the Take Steps campaign.
- Direct the implementation and execution of Take Steps fundraising campaign by focusing on acquisition, retention and stewardship of teams, participants, top fundraisers, sponsors and volunteers.
- Ensure revenue goal is achieved by developing, implementing and assessing year-round strategic fundraising plans for all Take Steps walks. Plan includes campaign revenue drivers: proactive team engagement, acquisition, day of experience, sponsorship and data-revenue tracking and assessment. Make timely adjustments to fundraising strategies as needed.
- Prioritize relationship development. Deliver excellent customer service to all donors, participants, corporate partners and teams by understanding their interests, responding promptly to requests and providing consistent year-round communication.
- Manage and execute logistics to provide an inspirational day-of event experience for corporate partners, patients and supporters.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and national staff to work collectively towards strategic team goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete database, records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support new and/or proposed events, programs, and campaigns.
- Support the Executive Director in building a compelling vision for chapter growth and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
- Recruit/engage volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising strategies that lead to revenue growth.
- Work with leadership volunteers and committees to identify, recruit and engage volunteers who have potential to make a significant impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability and recognition.
- Partner with and provide comprehensive support to volunteer committees in order to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Work to fully engage the IBD community.
- Other duties as required.
- Advanced Volunteer Engagement
- Building Trust
- Customer Service
- Drive Results
- Executing Tasks
- Manage Workflow
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Focus
- Time Management
- Volunteer Development
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships.
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting and time management.
- Exceptional written/oral presentation and communication skills.
- Computer skills including basic data management and Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative thinker/problem solver.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization, and externally with volunteers and partners.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel locally up to 25%.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- 403b Retirement Savings Account
How to Apply
Please apply directly here: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=38549&clientkey=290516EC989E8E3CD8F9039C8D4973BE
- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)