Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Manager, Event Logistics
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
In collaboration with the VP, Member Value, and various departments across the organization, the Manager, Event Logistics will lead the logistics of a pre-determined set of organizational events ensuring they are accomplished with superb quality and exceed the standard of industry excellence. This position is responsible for the planning, management and execution of approximately 85+ events.
- In consultation with the VP, Member Value, will provide primary logistics leadership and make necessary decisions for the operations of approximately 85 events annually, ensuring events stay within budget guidelines. Operational functions include planning, scheduling, logistics, cost negotiations, vendor relationships, etc.
- Work as key partner with program managers to develop vision for specified events.
- Create timelines with set deadlines for all staff involved.
- Resolve logistical issues that arise at events and represent organization in resolving complaints while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process for member value offerings and provide recommendations for improving events.
- Research event management trends and best practices from area organizations and other chambers across the country.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences through various channels.
- As a member of the Member Value team, serve in a logistical support role for multiple events.
- Provide rotational logistical support for event programming within chamber theater structure (ex. Growth, Public Policy, Talent Development and Economic Development)
- Lead staff debrief following each program to recap the strategic and financial outcomes, summarize participants and evaluate overall effectiveness.
- Prioritize tasks for simultaneous events, ensuring completion of all assigned timeline tasks by previously set deadlines.
- Research, secure and coordinate the work of contracted vendors.
- Collaborate with Chamber communications team and project owner for marketing needs, including graphic design, broadcast e-mails and printed collateral.
- Coordinate and secure volunteer support for specified events.
- Oversee registration and volunteers at specified events.
- As part of the events team, serve on-site during event set-up and tear-down.
- Work with Director, Sponsorship to ensure fulfillment of sponsor contracts and ensure fulfillment reports are up to date.
- Monitor event supplies; determine inventory levels and order necessary items.
- Input, retrieve and update event registration data and registration fees through computerized event management system.
- Extract registration data as needed for name badge creation and registration reports.
- Responsible for internal event organizational calendar, including sending calendar appointments to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in event coordination
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs is required
- Knowledge of event industry terminology and best practices
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines through strong organization skills
- Problem solver
- Quick learner, intuitive thinker
- Eye for innovation and best practices in event management
- Preference for and proven success with highly detailed work
- Ability to work well under pressure and multiple deadlines
- Requires early morning and evening events
- Team player with great enthusiasm
- Professional appearance
- Combination of desk work and on-site event work
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to events and meetings/consistent access to a vehicle
- Position requires travel within the local area
- Requires attendance at events before and after normal business hours
The current benefit package includes basic group life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, and holidays. In addition, the Chamber offers health insurance at standard Chamber rate, dental coverage at the standard Chamber rate, vision coverage at the standard Chamber rate, and eligibility for the 401(k) program.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: July 20, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk, M-F 8:00-5:00