The Family Center
Manager, Community Resilience
The Family Center
The Family Center seeks a dynamic new team member highly skilled at facilitation and capable of connecting with people across all organizational levels… and within industries and systems (healthcare, courts and corrections, educational, workforce development, etc.) to serve as its Manager, Community Resilience. This position is integral in helping TFC pursue our mission of breaking multigenerational cycles of child abuse, neglect, and trauma by: supporting TFC staff, clients, and community partners in outreach; increasing awareness of ACES and child brain development; and working with systems through training and coaching specific to helping create Trauma Informed Cultures.
Qualified candidates will also have a willingness to embrace a Trauma Informed Culture that also honors all races, religions, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- stay abreast of new research and best practices related to Adverse Childhood Experiences/ Community Environments (ACEs) and trauma-informed care and helping staff remain informed and responsive to current trends and resources
- serve as the lead liaison for TFC’s internal trauma-informed culture work, assisting in effective integration of recommendations and implementation of recommended changes
- provide TIC training and/or ongoing consultation with community systems and/or organizations depending on need and interest (evaluate current level of trauma-informed service provision; identify future needs; guide the integration process; and help create internal structure for ongoing assessment
- coordinate and facilitate ACE/Trauma Informed Culture related trainings for external agencies and periodic internal trainings ensuring ongoing ACE awareness both in and outside TFC
- develop and facilitate trainings on relevant topics as requested from partner organizations
- gather, monitor, and evaluate training data/outcomes for quality assurance and to ensure grant or contract obligations and external reporting requirements are met.
- collaborate with development to write, secure, and monitor grants that support TFC’s Community Resilience Work
- manage and organize TFC’s digital resources related to trauma, ACEs, parenting, etc.
- conduct research and disseminate information on educational and training opportunities for staff and community partners
- support consultations with community organizations: 1) evaluate internal cultures to identify best methods for integration trauma informed culture components, 2) identify needed cultural shifts and policy/procedure adjustments, 3) implement culture change, and 4) create internal structure for on-going evaluation
- monitor and evaluate data process and outcomes assessments to assure quality
- represent at community meetings and maintain rapport with external stakeholders
- assist with internal and external reporting requirements
- be an ambassador for The Family Center services and programs
- other duties as assigned
Required Capabilities, Skills, & Knowledge
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, or a related field with a minimum of one year relevant experience (employment/internship)
- knowledge of ACEs, trauma theory, and/or trauma-informed frameworks
- ability to lead diverse groups through thoughtful discussion and concepts
- aptitude in technology and evidenced capability to learn/utilize databases
- proven capacity for empathy, enthusiasm, and entrepreneurship
- confidence and competence in learning and using existing and new technologies
- ability to effectively interact, communicate, and collaborate with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
- excellent organizational and project management skills
- capable of meeting challenging deadlines while “herding the cats”
- must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- openness to work culture that is very fast paced and growing rapidly across Middle TN
This is a full-time exempt position that may require occasional evening and weekend commitments throughout the year. Local travel is required, and occasional national travel may be expected.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and organizational budget.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Robyn Price, VP Strategy & Community Resilience
- Date Posted: May 11, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/14/2021
- Working Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm; Flexible