Manager, 2 Gen Services
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Manager of 2Gen Services contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) by providing leadership, professional development, and mentoring around how a 2-Gen approach shapes the integration of wrap around services throughout The Family Collective. This person oversees the implementation of goals, data collection, monitors progress towards outcomes, coordinates professional development, and helps to create a more connected way of integrating wrap around services across The Family Collective. This position helps families move closer to the UWGN Mission: to create a community where individuals, families, and neighborhoods thrive.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Manages and supports partners in order to ensure the collective has knowledge and resources needed to achieve goals.
- Work in partnership with the Financial Empowerment Center to shape financial education strategies for The Family Collective.
- Facilitates collaborative discussions with partners that shape the integration of wrap around services for The Family Collective
- Works with partners to develop a workforce development strategy that includes a focus on post-secondary education and employment pathways
- Work in partnership with the Early Learning Centers and other Child Care providers to shape child education outcomes for The Family Collective.
- Oversees and ensures that The Family Collective staff are utilizing and referring families to their appropriate wrap around services in an intentional, consistent, and integrated way.
- Can provide case consultation with family coaches to ensure coordination across wrap around services so that families can easily access integrated care.
- Coordinates with childcare partners, after school/summer care partners, and community center partners to create more care and connection in these services.
- Work with partners to encourage best practices in program delivery, evaluation, and reporting
- Monitors progress towards program outcomes as it relates to client goals and workforce development, family engagement, and financial data tracking for The Family Collective.
- Will be present in meetings across TFC (EX: Supervisor meetings, CARE team meetings as needed, Quarterly Check Ins, Case Consultation meetings, FEC meetings as needed, Housing Court Meetings, etc.).
- Works in collaboration with Associate Directors to support staff training in 2Gen programming and family engagement in multiple data platforms
- Works in collaboration with Associate Directors to inform design and data points captured in reporting dashboards as it relates to workforce development, family engagement, and financial literacy.
- Identifies, creates, and implements short and long-term goals and objectives with the aim of achieving successful outcomes
- Creates partnerships that increase resources and knowledge within The Family Collective’s other wrap around services including 2Gen approaches, family engagement, workforce development, and financial counseling. This will help position UWGN’s initiatives to increase its presence and impact in the community.
- Researches Two-Generation Approach, engaging the family as a whole, workforce development integration, and financial stability integration to ensure processes and program delivery are aligned with evidence-based programming and best practices
- Will be responsible for providing or coordinating ongoing professional development around 2Gen services, family engagement, and basic budgeting/income and expenses. This will include a focus on the connection/integration of wrap around services such as workforce development and financial counseling.
- Researches and develops ways to shape youth development practices through the lens of a 2-Gen approach. This will include a focus on workforce development, financial health, and parent and youth engagement.
- Assist coaches and engagement specialists across TFC to incorporate and connect families to TFC’s wrap around services as well as other resources at family engagement events and groups.
- Coordinate or host workshops to promote the wrap around services offered within The Family Collective network (examples of this might include: employment navigation, engaging the family as a whole, strengthening the family unit, financial health, summer/after school care)
- Stays abreast of current trends, initiatives and best practices in the 2Gen field.
- Seeks trainings for ongoing personal professional development and will work to obtain and maintain appropriate certifications if applicable.
- Represent UWGN’s interests at community leadership tables including local, state, and public or private convening in order to share UWGN’s mission and position for partnership.
- Ensures efficient inter-program and partner communication by distributing information in a timely manner, allowing for team members to be aware of progress in programs, projects, and procedures
- Assists in the maintenance of program related databases to be used as a tracking tool for effective outcome reporting and evaluation
- Keenly aware of program and assists in ensuring day-to-day functions are running smoothly to allow objectives to be met
- Assist with facilitation of special projects
- Assist in coordination and facilitation of special programming, professional development or other similar activities that will enhance programming and increase competencies with partners and/or families in the program
- Coaching Certification
- Yearly Conference for The Family Collective
- Support all registration needs of special projects to ensure an accurate record of attendance and measure relevance to the program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field; Masters’ preferred
- Experience in administration and project management
- Social Work/Counseling (required)
- Family Engagement or Event Planning (ideal)
- Management Experience (ideal)
- Experience in the social services field working with clients such as social work, counseling, coaching, case management, etc.
- Supervisory experience
- Staff management
- Strong written, verbal, and technological communication
- Relationship cultivation and management
- Understanding metrics and evaluation
- Navigating community resources
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products
- Basic computing skills
- Serving vulnerable communities
- Two-Generation Approach
- Working with diverse populations
- Financial literacy
- Awareness of the workforce development space
- Family Engagement
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Brand Advocate: Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, trust and strong ethics, to protect the reputation and results of UWGN
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteer, advocate, and give
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships internally and externally through communication efforts with external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, and organizational stakeholders in efforts to generate enthusiasm of UWGN’s work; demonstrates credibility in all interactions; and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts by understanding what motivates individuals and organizations to grow and sustain funding
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that capitalize on opportunities to build support for Finance, Health and Education, by developing relationships that drive results
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly, to ensure those that need specific information acquire it; plan and deliver communication that makes an impact and persuades the audience.
- Business Acumen: Has keenness in building relationships with business professionals in a manner that is likely to lead to the desired outcome of increased UWGN volunteers, advocates, and givers. Ability to understand UWGN’s mission, operations and functions, the external environment, and how workplace donations to UWGN can contribute to core operational functions and community impact.
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management, setting priorities, and managing project plans
- Initiative and Self-motivation: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Stress Tolerance: Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis; Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance; Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with other to achieve goals and objectives; continually tries to improve team effectiveness; hold self and others accountable for team performance; motivates and encourages all members to work together in order to achieve maximum results; Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals; effectively interacts with others
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive benefits and salary.
How to Apply
Please go to https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/ to apply.
- Date Posted: November 9, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 12/01/2020
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm