Major Gifts Officer
Centerstone is among the nation’s leading nonprofit behavioral health systems with thousands of employees dedicated to delivering care that changes people’s lives. A dynamic, well-established organization, we offer rewarding opportunities to serve all ages in a variety of settings. Come talk to us about joining the Centerstone team!
The Major Gifts Officer develops and manages a portfolio of the major gift prospects and leadership level donors as well as promotes Centerstone’s planned giving society and endowment. The Officer will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward, an ongoing portfolio of 100+ qualified donor and donor prospects, growing relationships with Centerstone.
Supports the Centerstone Mission, Vision and Values in delivering care that changes people’s lives. Treats all clients and colleagues with dignity and respect, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, religion, age, disability, military status.
Communicates clearly and appropriately; provides excellent customer service. Adheres to applicable policies and procedures. Regular attendance and punctuality are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Proactively develop and execute a cultivation and solicitation plan for each donor/prospect involving Centerstone’s leadership, board members and stakeholders, as appropriate Meet and exceed a monthly target of approximately 20 face-to-face, productive visits, as well as calling and emailing other major gift donors on a regular basis (donor engagement) Meet and exceed financial targets as established annually, including tracking and assessing major gift fundraising (includes tracking travel and F2F meetings profile – anticipated 40%) Develop major gift proposal documents; purposeful collaboration with executives, board members and staff to coordinate and execute long-term fundraising initiatives and subsequent funding Assist in integrating planned giving and endowment growth into the overall fund development Assist in meeting annual goals, key metrics and revenue targets; KPIs are developed annually Maintain appropriate documentation for assigned prospects in Salesforce, including contact reports and cultivation/solicitation plans
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must be articulate (excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills), high-energy and goal-oriented
- Track record in major gifts development
- Experience with feasibility studies and major campaigns
- Knowledge of planned giving and endowments, with experience in asks (pertaining to)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel). Experience with CRM (donor constituency management software) such as Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge and prospect research software such as WealthEngine or Donor Search
- Ability to evaluate problems accurately and exercise appropriate judgment and discretion when dealing with donors, employees, board members, and volunteers; ability to work and solve problems both independently and in a team environment to move projects from inception to completion
- Enthusiastic, action-oriented approach with strong work ethic; fantastic customer service ethic with high expectations for quality; ability to work independently and in team
- Ability to travel throughout the year and work flexible times, as needed
- Compensation for this role ranges from $78,686 – $98,363. Additional compensation may be considered for those with vast experience.
- Full time
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Centerstone is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Centerstone does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
At Centerstone, we use our values as a guide for what we do. Respect, Expertise, Integrity and Empowerment are at the heart of every interaction at Centerstone, and particularly rooted in our beliefs toward diversity and inclusion.
Our approach to diversity is simple—it’s about embracing everyone. Together, we continue to develop an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices and experiences of our employees. It powers our innovation and connects us closer to each other, to our clients and the communities we serve. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the growing world around us, and where everyone feels empowered, safe and welcomed.
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Minimum Years of Experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in nonprofit fundraising at a major gifts level
- Track record of major gifts development
- Comprehensive or Capital Campaign experience preferred
- Required Certification/Licensure
- Not applicable
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Delivering care that changes people’s lives starts with our employees. Below are just some of the great benefits Centerstone employees enjoy:
- Medical, dental, and vision health coverage
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 403b retirement plan with company match
- Paid time off and ten paid holidays
- AD&D Insurance, Life Insurance, and Long Term Disability (company paid)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion employee resource groups
- Continuing education opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Please apply via: https://centerstone.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/CenterstoneCareers/job/Nashville-Tennessee/Major-Gifts-Officer_JR-017072
- Date Posted: March 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 05/31/2023
- Salary Range: $78,686.00 - $98,363.00 per year
- Working Hours: Salaried, M-F (Remote)