Frist Art Museum
Frist Art Museum
The Maintenance Engineer assists the Facilities Manager and Assistant Facilities Manager in the day-to-day maintenance and operation of the building systems including HVAC, plumbing, fire control, electrical, and irrigation. This critical position responds to alarm notifications received from the building automation system (Automated Logic). The position will rotate being on 24-hour call for an emergency. Typical emergencies are weather-related or mechanical failures on the Frist Art Museum site.
Job Requirements: The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual that understands the importance of being a team player. Able to work well under pressure with short deadlines. Must be personable, with good customer service skills.
Essential Job Functions:
Performs preventive maintenance under the direction of the Facilities Manager and Assistant Facilities Manager.
- Performs “work orders” requested by the Frist Art Museum staff under the direction of the Facilities Manager.
- Assists in office moves and relocations
- Assists in the custodial care of the facility including parking lots, outdoor walkways, interior and exterior lighting, landscaping, and restrooms.
- Work with volunteers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Performs other duties as may be necessary to support the mission and goals of department and the Frist Art Museum.
Education, Minimum Qualifications, and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Technical knowledge attained at a previous job or through school
- Must have a basic ability to use a computer, Microsoft Office software, and ability to learn new software
- Must have basic knowledge of HVAC and preventive maintenance
- Must be EPA certified or obtain certification within the first 6 months of employment
- Must have a basic knowledge of maintaining kitchen equipment
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, with good communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Demands may include:
- Able to bend, stoop, kneel, climb, push or pull objects
- Able to lift 50 -75 lbs.
- Work will be performed in a standing/walking capacity 90% of the time.
- May be exposed to extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
- Operate the following equipment:
- Drills, hand tools, reciprocating saws, mechanical lifts, forklift, dollies, carts, pallet jacks, ladders, shovels, blowers, pressure washers, electrical meters, plumbing snakes, etc.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Frist Art Museum will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Medical, dental, vision, life, accidental life, short and long-term disability, 401(k) plan with guaranteed match, paid time off, federal holidays, free on-site parking.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, references, and salary expectations to:
Frist Art Museum
Nashville, Tennessee 37203-3822
Email: email@example.com or Fax: (615) 744-3339
Attention: Sheri Horn, Human Resources Director
The Frist Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Date Posted: May 18, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
- Working Hours: 40, M-F some evenings & weekends