Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Loss Mitigation Coordinator
Tennessee Housing Development Agency
Serves as a lead and Subject Matter Expert for the loss mitigation team; coordinates, analyzes and completes activities relating to borrower assistance in the collection of mortgage amounts due and loss mitigation process. This work requires direct contact with the public, the exercise of good judgment and the application of Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) policies and procedures as they relate to the Loss Mitigation waterfall process, the application of payment workout arrangements, negotiation of amounts past due, borrower counseling and other general customer service inquiries.
- Serves as a lead and Subject Matter Expert for loss mitigation staff, answering their questions and assisting them in resolving customer issues.
- Under the general direction of the manager, delegates routine work to Loss Mitigation staff.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for customers in the loss mitigation process.
- Makes outgoing calls to customers attempting to assess their ability to qualify for workout arrangements, updates their reasons for default and obtains satisfactory arrangements to bring accounts back into a current standing in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Answers incoming phone calls and responds to customer requests for information on their accounts.
- Sets active follow up arrangements on accounts, records notes and financial data.
- Collects detailed financial information from families, verifies income, expenses and other hardship information.
- Follows insurer guidelines for delinquent account management and collects documentation to support account activity and the workout options recommended for approval.
- Provides clear communication to borrowers of their options to avoid foreclosure and documents the file for cooperation with recommended action.
- Provides phone support through the Loan Servicing call center including incoming and outgoing follow up communications.
- Provides assistance with mailing letters, forms or other customer contact.
- Assists customers with web site functionality, password resets, and other requests for account data.
- Maintains and files electronic information to customer accounts with proper noting and documentation.
- Assists with error resolution and customer complaint tracking.
- Provides back up for other Loan Servicing functions.
- High school diploma or GED, with a 2 year or 4 year higher education degree preferred.
- One year of mortgage loss mitigation experience, mortgage collections experience or other foreclosure avoidance experience.
- At least 2 years of Federal Housing Administration (FHA) mortgage servicing experience preferred.
- Experience working under Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) rules and other regulatory requirements for default servicing preferred.
- Successful completion of Mortgage Bankers Association “Basics of Mortgage Servicing” course preferred.
- Successful completion of Mortgage Bankers Association “Loss Mitigation” course preferred.
THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
How to Apply
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Date Posted: May 26, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: 3710.00