Live-in Resident Director
The Resident Director is a part-time live in position and must be willing to live in community with women ages 18-24. Employee will be able to hold a second part-time job or attend school while holding this position.
- Provide smooth transition from life at home to life at college and Ella’s House
- Daytime and nighttime house coverage except 1 weekend per month/pre-approved holidays
- Upkeep and maintenance of house (utilities, order groceries, set standard for cleanlinessand order in the home)
- Facilitate house meeting with all residents
- Co-host weekly “family dinners”
- Follow up with all student moms who miss meetings or who have disengaged from the community (coffee or quick meeting to check in and review expectations)
- Attend meeting with Executive Director and/or Director of Operations
- Submit receipts and documented maintenance issues to Director of Operations
- Meet each resident individually to review goals and check in bi-weekly
- Meet with potential residents to acclimate them to Ella’s House
- Keep up with medical documents, class schedules, legal documents, etc.
- Work with Ella’s House staff to cover emergency childcare as needed
- Ensure welcome baskets are assembled and distribute accordingly
- Act as point of contact for emergency resident needs including lost keys, late entry, etc.
- Direct student-moms to various resources based on Ella’s House vetted and approved list
- Cultivate relationships with mission partners
- Develop and cultivate student-mom mentorship
- Collect and share impact stories for marketing communications with appropriate staff
- Assist in raising funds in conjunction with Director of Operations
Skilled at interpersonal relationships, proficient in GoogleDocs, great communication skills, has a heart for the mission.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid-time off
- Cute house in Lipscomb area
- Meaningful work
- All utilities and some groceries paid for
How to Apply
Please contact our Executive Director directly with your resume or go online to www.ellashouse.org to apply.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2022
- Salary Range: 16,000-18,000
- Working Hours: flexible