Carnegie Kids Club (CKC) is a community-based program designed to assist children with improvement in
literacy skills with reading, writing, and creativity. Children are recruited from schools and the community.
Club sessions can occur virtually, in the community, and at schools. The schedule of sessions is based on
the partnership for which the sessions are hosted. Sessions are facilitated by the Literacy Facilitator also
known as the Club Leader who completes the CKC training. CKC evaluation process includes pre/post
assessments from the learners. Parents and facilitators complete evaluations. At the end of the
sessions, learners contribute their writing and drawings to a collaborative anthology.
• Facilitate differentiated instruction through reading, movement, writing, and a drawing activity.
• Evaluate student learning and engagement based on student performance.
• Research, coordinate, and manage instructional content for lesson plans.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
or working towards a bachelor’s.
Experience working and/or
teaching children 5-8 years old.
How to Apply
Submit your Resume and Cover Letter
- Date Posted: June 23, 2022
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 09/01/2022
- Salary Range: 40 per session
- Working Hours: Once a week for 1 hour