LifeSet Specialist- Jackson, TN
Youth Villages has been a national leader in the adoption and implementation of research-based treatment philosophies in the field of children’s mental and behavioral health. Our commitment to helping troubled children and their families find success spans 30+ years and includes a comprehensive array of programs and services.
If you are looking for a positive career move where you are meeting the challenges of life and striving to make a positive difference, then Youth Villages is the place for you. We are looking for people with a strong sense of purpose and focus to continually build confidence in yourself and our organization.
Our LifeSet Transitional Living Specialists provide their 16-22 year old clients with the knowledge to utilize all available community resources. These counselors are able to help clients become self-sufficient by assisting them in locating and learning how to use community resources such as housing, employment and education.
In addition to providing LifeSet transitional living services to young adults, our specialists may also provide case management services to Extension of Foster Care (EFC) youth. Extension of Foster Care provides an opportunity for a young adult to remain in foster care up to age 21 and receive resources and support to ensure better outcomes. EFC services include case management, placement support, and judicial oversight.
- Carry an average caseload of 9-12 youth including LifeSet (weekly sessions) and EFC (monthly sessions); frequency of sessions may increase or decrease as directed by the Clinical Supervisor on the basis of clinical need.
- Provide on call crisis support to LifeSet clients 24 hours a day 7 days a week (alternating on-call duties with other specialists).
- Provide accurate and complete information to Clinical Supervisor in a timely manner in the event of a crisis situation.
- Implement suggestions of interventions provided by supervisor and/or consultant in a timely manner to be reflected in the next treatment plan cycle.
- Participate weekly in all supervision exercises to ensure the appropriate conceptualization and implementation of treatment.
- Provide all therapeutic services in accordance with Youth Villages’ Mission and Values and LifeSet Model Principles.
- Conduct on-going assessment of the young adult’s needs from a strength focused, solution-based perspective.
- Engage and align with the young adult and their support system to elicit full participation in treatment.
- Attend court hearings and foster care review boards with EFC young adults
Schedule is flexible and non-traditional; based around the availability of youth and families served.
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, a personal vehicle to use for work purposes and auto insurance.
Community Based staff will be reimbursed for applicable mileage.
A Master’s degree in a social services discipline is strongly preferred
A Bachelor’s degree in a social services discipline is required
Degrees that can be considered include: social work, drug and alcohol education or counseling, psychology, criminal justice, guidance counseling, or marriage and family therapy. Other degrees will have to be evaluated further to determine if they meet the qualifications.
One year of related experience in counseling and/or case management is required
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Excellent written, verbal, and oral skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Basic computer knowledge
Ability to maintain a flexible schedule
Experience growth and development through our continuous training as well as tuition and licensure reimbursement or pursue opportunities to advance both clinically and administratively with Youth Villages.
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug Coverage and Vision
- Retirement Savings Pension Plan
- 403 (b)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mileage & Cell Phone Reimbursement
How to Apply
Apply today at:
- Date Posted: July 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth