Nashville Rescue Mission
Nashville Rescue Mission
At Nashville Rescue Mission, you’ll be empowered to influence and impact lives.
Nashville Rescue Mission is actively seeking a Life Coach. The Life Coach is an advocate for an assigned caseload of participants who, through a biblical world view, encourages participants to connect or reconnect with Christ, make right life decisions, evaluate their lifestyles, build new boundaries into their lives, and ultimately feel hope again. This position reports to the Assistant Director, Life Recovery Counseling and is a key member of the Life Recovery Team.
Are you the right person?
You are an encouraging mentor. You have a desire to help others.You are able to draw upon your own personal growth experience to carry the message of hope to those you are coaching. By offering encouragement and support, you cultivate and secure a connection with participants, while teaching personal responsibility. You serve as their mentor and role model. You have the ability to coach/guide/educate participants on life and social skills.
You are an inspiring teacher. You are comfortable teaching core classes, leading devotions, and speaking at chapel services. Your classes are well organized and taught in a professional manner; thoroughly challenging,while always providing hope. You are able to facilitate group discussions where talkers are held to a minimum and non-talkers are encouraged to share.
You are a team player. You can work with a diverse team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards. You actively participate in special events,activities, staff meetings, and more (including some weekends and holidays).You are not afraid to address conflict within the group. You seek to understand through conversations and not confrontations.
You are strong in your faith. Sharing the love of Jesus Christ is central to who you are. You can easily communicate the gospel and model Christian character to those you are coaching, as well as those around you. You are able to articulate the Word of God in a way that serves as a source of encouragement, as well as a challenge to participants in the program. You are always prepared to share your testimony or the Mission’s message of hope.
We are looking for a spiritually mature Christian, a counselor at heart but with the ability to inspire and encourage groups through teaching and leading. The right person is someone who genuinely cares about helping others move forward in their life.
- Provides oversight, coaching and care to assigned caseload of program participants:
- Teaches in core curriculum, devotionals and program chapels.
- Participates in scheduled daytrip activity(s).
- Oversees development and participates in program community project at least once per year.
- Actively works with program team to assure that daily schedule, goals and overall environment are consistently maintained to excellent standards.
- Actively participates in special events, activities, staff meetings, trainings and assigned committees, including some weekends and holidays as required by the Director.
- Assumes responsibility for and assist each assigned participant to complete all program requirements.
- Meets with assigned participants two times per week for one-hour group counsel.
- Meets with each assigned participant individually for one on one counseling per program progression.
- Establishes/creates a Coordinated Care Document (CCD) in conjunction with the therapist for each assigned participant.
- Develops, maintains and secures coaching documentation on each participant both in Client Track and offline files.
Masters in Theology, Social Services or Psychology required. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Biblical recovery program setting preferred.
Shows competency in the following areas:
- Biblical knowledge and practical application skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Documentation and record keeping.
- Public speaking/communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, students, volunteers and local community.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and insurable by the Mission’s insurance company to drive a 15 passenger van.
Health Benefits, Time Away from Work, Life Insurance and More. Eligible employees have medical plan options that give you the flexibility to choose the coverage that is right for you. Plans include a Health Savings Account with both employee and employer contributions. Telemedicine services are also available with all plans. You can also enroll in Dental and Vision plans.
Retirement. Let us help you save for the future. Nashville Rescue Mission contributes 3% of an employee’s earnings after they have completed their first year of service. If you decide to contribute to the plan as well, you will enjoy a 50% match on contributions from 1% to 6%.
NRM offers a generous Paid Time Off policy that allows new employees up to 27 days off their first year (pro-rated based on start date) for time off for relaxation, holidays and to care for themselves or a family member in times of illness.
When life is getting difficult, it can help to talk with a professional. That’s why we have a Chaplain on staff as well as offer free counseling and referral services through the Employee Assistance Program.
As part of the NRM family, you can also enjoy other company-paid benefits like life insurance and short and long-term disability.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume to HR@NashvilleRescueMission.org
- Date Posted: January 31, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Religious