Licensed Trauma Therapist Supervisor
AncoraTN (ATN), formerly End Slavery Tennessee, works tirelessly to nurture survivor healing and strategically combat human trafficking in Middle Tennessee. We seek to break cycles of exploitation and support survivors of human trafficking as they heal from their traumas—offering long-term, comprehensive aftercare services. Through training communities and professionals, advocating for legal changes, and implementing prevention programming, AncoraTN works to stop human trafficking before it ever begins.
AncoraTN was founded in 2012 as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization for the purpose of community awareness and education. We strive to create an environment of faith and spirituality to restore hope and a lifetime of community. We are an agency committed to trauma-informed principles and seek to promote an environment focused on a diverse and inclusive team – all working towards the mission and vision of the organization.
REPORTS TO: Director of Survivor Care
JOB SUMMARY: This position will provide individual therapy to survivors of human trafficking and supervise a small team of clinical staff. Services will be offered at the Survivor Restoration Campus and in the community.
- Provide individualized therapy to victims of human trafficking on a continuous basis to address trauma, develop coping skills, and provide support.
- Provide leadership and supervision to a small group of staff and interns.
- Establish long-term compassionate working relationships with minor and adult survivors of human trafficking.
- Comply with agency policy and procedures and maintain all required documentation, including reporting for grants, in a professional and timely manner.
- Communicate and coordinate care for clients with ATN direct services team members and community partners.
- Carry out duties assigned by the Director of Survivor Services and/or the CEO.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with community partners for case coordination and acute response.
- Play a key leadership role in the treatment team by leading therapeutic discussions and making treatment recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Director of Survivor Care on the creation and implementation of program policies and procedures.
- Build rapport and trust with a diverse population including clients, staff members, volunteers, and community stakeholders.
- Must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems, and alternative methods and procedures, and know when to bring in counsel from a supervisor.
- Must be willing and able to work in a trauma-informed, strengths-based culture and to make good, contextualized decisions at a moment’s notice.
- Attend staff meetings and training in the community.
- Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by the supervisor. Duties may change according to organizational needs.
- Provide transportation for residential participants as needed.
- Collaborate with law enforcement and social services providers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Survivor Restoration Campus and community. Must be willing to travel as needed throughout Middle Tennessee (must be able to operate both personal and staff vehicles) to engage survivors in community settings.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS: • Staff and volunteers
- Community service providers, governmental and non-governmental.
- Survivors of human trafficking
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- Masters in Social Work, Counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy;
- LMSW, LCSW, LMFT, LPC preferred.
- Trained in trauma-informed treatment modalities;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement best practices around services for vulnerable populations;
- Experience working with trauma, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, victim assistance, child protective services, youth in foster care or human trafficking populations;
- A working knowledge of community resources;
- People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations;
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours when survivor needs to dictate.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages;
- Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, staff, and the agency;
- Fast learner, capacity for hard work, teachable and flexible;
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance, and access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout Middle Tennessee.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy. 2. A background check is required. 3. Must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our core values.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Base Salary: • $60,000-$67,000 based on a combination of education and experience
BENEFITS • Healthcare stipend – $500.00/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- $150.00/ month for therapy
- 120 PTO accrued 10 hours/ month. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 96 hours of sick leave accrued 4 hours/ pay period. Eligible after 30 days of employment.
- 13 paid holidays • 4 floating holidays • Short term disability, Long term disability, AD&D and Life insurance
- Employer 403b matches up to 1% of salary based on employee contributions and is dependent on the annual board vote. Eligible after 6 months of employment
- Flexible schedule with the hybrid work environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Eligible for professional development and training fee coverage upon supervisor approval
- As supervision of staff increases, caseload requirements decrease to support a healthy work-life balance.
- Meaningful employment with an agency that values self-care and a culture of celebration.
How to Apply
CONTACT INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE:
To apply for this job, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
**AncoraTN recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law**
- Date Posted: August 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 09/11/2023
- Salary Range: $60000-$67000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am-4pm