Licensed Practical Nurse
POSITION SUMMARY The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for implementing and evaluating the direct care of detoxification and rehabilitation patients. This position also oversees the work of medical and clinical assistants as assigned. The Staff Nurse/LPN reports to the Charge Nurse and/or the Nursing Shift Supervisor.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Part-time no benefits – scheduled as needed (PRN)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Implements/supervises the plan of care for detoxification patients, evaluating effectiveness of plan based on pertinent clinical findings.
- Interprets, transcribes, implements or supervises implementation of physician’s orders according to established policies and procedures.
- Administers and documents medications according to established policies and procedures with the exception of IV medication.
- Triages all rehabilitation patients, treating and referring according to physician’s orders and established policies and procedures, consulting with RN staff as needed.
- Oversees the work of medical and clinical assistants as assigned.
- Implements and evaluates strategies to manage physical health problems, including teaching.
- Performs CPR and First Aid as needed, including the use of automatic external defibrillator according to established policies and procedures
- Documents pertinent clinical information into the electronic patient record.
- Acts as Charge Nurse for shift as assigned, with telephone backup of RN/MD at all times
- Manages the overall operations of assigned shift
- Coordinates administrative tasks for unit, including medication record/chart audit and emergency medication/equipment audit
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Maintains confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Reacts productively to change.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including those of Patient Care Partner (see related job description).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None except when assigned Charge; in that capacity, supervises other LPN staff members and medical assistants on assigned shift, consulting with the ADON/DON as needed;
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE Graduate of accredited school of practical nursing is required; current Tennessee LPN license in good standing required; one (1) year post licensure medical/surgical nursing experience is preferred; additional nursing experience, particularly in behavioral healthcare, is preferred; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities. For charge nurse, a minimum of one (1) year post licensure medical /surgical experience is required with behavioral health experience strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; ability to push/pull up to 100 pounds; ability to speak, hear, see, sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, kneel, reach and handle; ability to speak, read and write in English; good problem-solving and analytical skills; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communication skills; good dexterity; ability to interact with hostile/stressed patients in calm, empathetic manner; basic computer keyboarding skills with ability to learn and use clinical software; ability to use BAL machine; CPI, First Aid/ CPR and automatic external defibrillation certification or eligible; knowledge of and ability to apply information regarding cultural/age/population specific characteristics to patient care in assigned area. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Position is in a rehabilitation setting that involves associated risks or discomforts requiring safety precautions. Position is subject to stressful situations and contact with chemically impaired/volatile persons who may require additional safety precautions. Position cannot leave shift until adequate coverage is provided. Position is subject to varying shifts, including weekends.
Discussed during the interview
How to Apply
Please visit our website to apply @cumberlandheights.org
- Date Posted: October 11, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)