Saddle Up! is hiring Lesson Assistants! Our lesson assistants are a vital part of the lesson teams that serve our riders – preparing horses before lessons, participating in lessons as a leader or side walker when needed, supporting new volunteers, and helping maintain the cleanliness and organization of the arena and barn areas. Hours will include Thursday 3 – 8, Friday, 2 – 6 and a full or half day on Saturday. Horse experience required, especially safe horse handling, grooming and tacking skills.
- Bring horses up to paddocks/stall as required for the lesson schedule.
- Prepare horses for lessons by grooming, lunging, etc. as scheduled.
- Lead, sidewalk or lunge during lessons as scheduled.
- Help Instructors with arena set up and tear down as requested.
- Help to clean up grooming areas, arenas, stalls and barns as time permits during the shift.
- Check in on the tack room each shift to make sure it stays neat, clean and organized.
- Keep laundry room neat, clean and dirty laundry washed.
- Train or assist new volunteers as requested by the Volunteer Services Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of Saddle Up! New Volunteer Training and Leader training sessions
- Knowledge and demonstration of safe horse handling, grooming and tacking skills.
- Knowledge of tack and other lesson equipment.
- Ability to assist and train inexperienced volunteers.
- Knowledge of safe leading, lunging and side walking techniques.
- Physically capable of performing tasks required throughout work shift which may include lifting, shoveling, walking/jogging, cleaning stalls, and related responsibilities of the job.
- Desire to increase knowledge, skills and experience with equine handling, care and training.
- Commitment to positive communications, teamwork and excellent customer service.
Excellent working environment, flexible schedule.
How to Apply
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 615-794-1150 ext. 230 to speak to Sally Stonage. Email should include your resume, overview of horse experience and reason you believe you would be a great fit in the Saddle Up! team.
- Date Posted: March 24, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 04/01/2022
- Working Hours: Thursday 3 - 8, Friday, 2 - 6 and a full or half day on Saturday