Legal Aid Society
Legal Assistant – Nashville VLP
Legal Aid Society
Legal Aid Society’s mission is to advance, defend, and enforce the legal rights of low income and vulnerable people in order to secure for them the basic necessities of life. Our staff includes national authorities in the fields of domestic violence, housing, consumer law, federal income taxation, health advocacy, nonprofit group representation, social security and special education.
At Legal Aid Society, we…
- Celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the principles of equal justice and advocacy for low-income people.
- Treat clients, staff and the public with dignity and respect.
- Appreciate the experiences and needs of people of diverse economic, social, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrate a personal sense of integrity.
The Legal Assistant will provide case management assistance to the Volunteer Lawyers Program and those impacted by natural disasters through:
- Conducting Intakes
- Preparing legal documents
- Interviewing clients / conducting preliminary research
- Assisting with legal clinics and maintaining positive working relationships with attorneys
- This position is grant funded
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a law office, court, social service agency, or other relevant setting.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fluence in written and spoken Spanish a plus.
Learn more at las.org
How to Apply
Email cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers and email addresses) in PDF format to our Hiring Manager at email@example.com. Subject line should read: re: VLP Legal Assistant Position.
- Date Posted: June 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $31,700-35,500