Learning Center Assistant
To provide educational services for shelter residents and actively participate in shelter program. The shelter operates 24/7, 365 days a year, and provides short term residence and case management to youth between the ages of 13-17. Shifts are Monday – Friday 8:00am-12:00pm.
- Assist in preparing and implementing educational modules and supervise students.
- Assist with educational group services when assigned and appropriate.
- Continuously provide support for all youth by engaging individuals and groups.
- Provide student assessments and grading reporting to appropriate monitors.
- Work in partnership with youth in meeting their stated educational goals.
- Document progress of students in daily log.
- Transport and supervise youth on outings. Schedule and supervise field trips.
- Supervise classes and activities when teacher is on hiatus or holiday.
- Ability to form strong, caring and affirming relationships with all youth –including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Valid State of Tennessee Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Two years relevant experience or Associate’s Degree
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Marjorie Rice @ email@example.com. No phone calls please, top candidates will be notified for first round interviews.
- Date Posted: January 29, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 15K- 18K