Catholic Charities of TN
Lead Youth Program Specialist
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Lead Youth Program Specialist in its Refugee and Immigration Services Department. This position is full-time and located at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are typically 11:00am-7:30pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00am to 4:30pm on Fridays but flexibility may be required outside of these hours.
The primary functions of this position are to assist in program implementation, management, and evaluation; plan and implement daily activities and curriculum for refugee youth in the after school and summer programs; promote the program within the community by responding to questions from parents or schools regarding program activities and requirements; provide training and oversight in the implementation of trauma-informed programming and classroom management; collect and manage data (attendance, grades, etc.) to ensure grant compliance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with refugees and/or youth preferred.
- Experience tutoring or teaching is desirable.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Driver’s license, good driving history, and reliable transportation required.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Ability to plan and organize work and to work well under pressure.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills including emotional intelligence, reliability, positivity, negotiation, empathy, and openness to feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Ability to transport clients.
- Bi-lingual preferred (any refugee language)
- Willingness to submit to and render a clear criminal background screening.
- Prefer current certification in CPR with knowledge of basic first aid.
How to Apply
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please e-mail resume to: Banjor Musa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.
- Date Posted: July 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 07/19/2021
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk