Brentwood United Methodist Church
Lead Teacher- Childcare setting
Brentwood United Methodist Church
**Signing Bonus offered.**
ELC teachers minister to the needs of young children and their families by providing a safe, loving, Christian environment to foster intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and spiritual growth and development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works with co-teachers to execute a curriculum to meet children’s intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs within the guidelines of developmentally appropriate practice according to the NAEYC standards
- Create developmentally appropriate weekly lesson plans using the online curriculum tool
- Collaborate with co-teachers with observations and provide feedback for milestone assessments monthly
- Provide quarterly reviews to the Curriculum coordinator.
- Arrange rooms and organize materials to provide a safe, warm, and developmentally appropriate environment for children
- Summit monthly classroom update to the Curriculum Coordinator for Center newsletter
- Provide classroom support through daily cleaning and sanitizing of all toys, tables, and other classroom surfaces
- Support co-teachers with all diapering and potting responsibilities
- Conduct parent teacher conferences as requested
- Use developmentally appropriate interventions for discipline/behavior concerns
- Develop a warm relationship with each child
- Provide appropriate care for any child regardless of his/her health or physical situation
- Contribute to the Center community by preparation for and participation in all staff meetings, planning sessions, special events, in-services, 18 hours of continuing education, and professional study
- Work as a team member to contribute ideas, create curriculum, and maintain a high standard of quality
- To be timely and organized about required paperwork (attendance, accident reports, daily reports, etc.)
- Submit all required paperwork in an organized and timely manner (attendance, accident reports, daily reports, etc.)
- Adhere to the policies and procedures stated in the BUMC Early Learning Center Employee Handbook
- To communicate regularly with the Director concerning any needs, concerns, or problems
- Relate and communicate well with children and families
- Able to plan and implement curriculum while being flexible in receiving assignments and adapting to changes in the program
- Passion for teaching young children
- Works well with others
- Able to deal sensitively and confidentially with parent concerns and to develop professional relationships with parents
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to accept supervision to improve work performance
- Supportive of the Christian values & the purpose, principles, and ministries of Brentwood United Methodist Church
Education and Experience Requirements
- Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate or equivalent preferred
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or Early Childhood Special Education preferred
- Experience working with young children in a development preschool preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a childcare setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety procedures and precautions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a childcare setting. Employee must be able to stand for long periods of time and be able to work outside on playground. Position is active and is required to bend, twist, kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawls. Employee is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must pick up and carry children occasionally and lift other items up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Signing Bonus offered.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our webpage at bumc.net/employment.
- Date Posted: September 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 10/04/2021
- Salary Range: Pay: $12.50 - $14.50 per hour
- Working Hours: 3 different (40 hour) shifts (6:45a – 3:45p, 8a – 5p and 9a-6p). Monthly staff meetings are schedule after hours. Attendance is mandatory.