YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Latino Achievers Program Director
YMCA of Middle Tennessee
Consistent with the Christian mission and vision of the YMCA of Middle TN, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the YCAP Operations Director, the Program Director is responsible for administering all aspects of Latino Achievers college and career readiness programming including leading school clubs, one-on-one student coaching, event planning, data collection, and budget management. S/he will be responsible for the development of quality programs and provide supervision and guidance to program staff, participants, and volunteers to ensure the success of the program.
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Model and puts into practice behavior that supports Diversity and Inclusion.
- Know, understand, train & execute all program policies & emergency procedures associated w/ the program
- Manage all budget, variance reports and accounting responsibilities within the guidelines of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee for Black Achievers program budget.
- Train staff to monitor and manage purchasing.
- Develop and maintain partnerships within the community, including but not limited to school administration, community partners, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Recruit and retain program participants.
- Lead After-school college and career readiness programming adhering to the prescribed curriculum.
- Manage a caseload of students as an advisor in career and college readiness.
- Mentor, guide, and grow youth on academic success, preparing for higher education, personal development, leadership development and cultural pride.
- Plan and execute college tours, career exploration tours, and field trips.
- Train staff to implement the prescribed curriculum and adhere to the program model
- Train and support staff in all aspects of program implementation including but not limited to curriculum instruction, data collection/entry, and developing program calendars and lesson plans.
- Manage student officer cohort and quarterly officer meetings
- Manage Latino Achievers scholarship application and award processes.
- Input and track student data utilizing the approved software.
- Continued development for Standard Operating Procedures.
- Lead in marketing efforts, effective communication, and management of social media accounts.
- Monitor all grant expectations including the budget, outcomes, and outputs associated with each grant.
- Provide additional training to staff to ensure grant compliance.
- Train staff on the data entry process using the approved system
- Monitor data by performing the appropriate audits
- Assist with the various administrative tasks, coordinate payroll process and complete all necessary reports; take inventory of and help purchase necessary supplies
- Actively participate in the Annual Giving Campaign / center fundraising events to raise awareness and ongoing financial support for YCAP and outreach programs
- Communicate programmatic events, schedules, and offerings to Y-CAP staff
- Carry out special projects and events as assigned by leadership
- Passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to the mission and cause of the YMCA
- An enthusiastic personality with the desire to serve members, volunteers, guests, participants and staff to create a culture of service within our programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Must present a professional image and possess conflict resolution skills, and demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Must be highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and occasional weekend events
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Four year college degree in a related field required
- Bilingual required (Spanish)
- Experience working with high school students preferred
- Experience working in career or college readiness programming preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to travel to offsite program locations
- Ability to inspire and motivate staff members
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Benefits package including generous paid time off
- Participation in Y Retirement plan and 403 (b) savings account upon eligibility
- Free membership at all 14 wellness center locations
- Discounts on youth programs, summer camps and sports instruction
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply
- Date Posted: August 30, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $47,384 - $59,230, depending on experience
- Working Hours: Typically Monday - Friday, based on the needs of the program and participants