Landlord Engagement Manager
- Position DescriptionThis is a non-Civil Service position. The primary purpose of the Landlord Engagement Manager is to lead, guide, and expand the Landlord Engagement Department. This position will be required to work with multiple Metro Departments, Developers, and builders seeking ways to increase deeply affordable housing stock for people below 30% of Average Median Income and experiencing literal homelessness. The Homeless Impact Division is dedicated to improving efforts to end homelessness by harnessing local data to shape program and system design using a “systems thinking” approach.The Landlord Engagement Team is tasked with coordinating and supporting the last stage of the housing crisis system – navigating housing and facilitating a large inventory of low-barrier options for households to access after moving through the Coordinated Entry system and obtaining a subsidy referral. The LE team locates and onboards private-market housing partners and manages community incentives and benefits. Landlord Engagement from MHID also is the hub of training and innovation for the wider service provider community, planning and providing regular trainings for landlords, service providers, and people experiencing homelessness.
- Typical Duties
- Leads the LE Team towards strategic goals of expanding service delivery, monitors low-barrier inventory shared at the community and systems level.
- Communicates directly with Developers and Builders expressing the need for deeply affordable units during the building phase of units.
- Attends community meetings with zoning and codes for representation of deeply affordable access.
- Manages the other team-members of the LE team to ensure tasks are distributed and completed efficiently and each role is contributing to the overall goal of the programming.
- Participates and leads high-level landlord engagement expansion, connecting with associations, chambers of commerce, and executives in the affordable housing world.
- Manages and facilitates dedicated LE funding through tracking and utilizing ARPA, ESG-CV, and large foundation funds dollars.
- Creates and facilitates monthly workgroups and trainings with new developers.
- Engages in development conversations around new affordable housing builds to secure dedicated units and partnerships.
- Continues to guide the vision of the LBHC towards increased landlord benefits and an expedited housing navigation process.
- Creates and tracks team weekly, monthly, and annual reports tracking program success and areas of growth.
- Builds LMS Landlord Engagement curriculum for community use.
- Developer education and appreciation events, lunch and learns.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent and ten (10) years of planning experience, including five (5) years of increasingly responsible supervisory/lead experience and/or project management experience.
Additional education may be considered In lieu of some experience.
Valid Driver License may be required for some positions in this classification.
Candidates with accreditations earned in a foreign institute are encouraged to apply.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master’s Degree in Planning or a related field from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years of planning experience, including three (3) years of senior level management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Metro Nashville Government respects the religious beliefs and practices of all employees and will make, on request, an accommodation for such observances when a reasonable accommodation is available that does not create an undue hardship on business operations.
Requests for ADA accommodation for the recruitment process should be directed to Human Resources at 615-862-6640.
Metro offers a generous core benefit package to eligible employees who are regularly and consistently working 20 or more hours per week. Insurance and benefit coverage is effective the first of the month after the employee has worked 30 days. Employees can change their benefits within 60 days of an eligible change in status or during Annual Enrollment. Metro also offers optional benefits from which the employee may choose. Family members, including eligible spouses, domestic partners and children, are covered under most of our benefits programs.
Medical: Choice of two plans; Metro pays 75% of premium
Dental: Choice of two plans; Metro pays for single coverage
Basic Life: $50,000 basic term life coverage; Metro pays 100% of premium
Pension: Formula-driven pension; 100% Metro funded; 10 year vesting for new employees
Paid Family Leave: Runs concurrently with time designated as FMLA leave (up to 30 days)
Longevity: Annual bonus beginning after 5 years of service; increases annually up to 20 years
Work Life/ Employee Assistance Program: Wide variety of counseling, referral and consultation services provided free
Other*: In-line-of-duty injury benefits, AD&D insurance, and Medical Disability eligibility after 10 years with Metro
Paid leave: (Full-time employees)
- Vacation: 10 vacation days a year; increasing after 5 years of service (For Non Civil Service departments, contact the department’s human resources office)
- Holidays: 12 holidays per year (For Non Civil Service departments, contact the department’s human resources office)
- Sick leave: 12 days of sick leave per year
- Other leaves: Judicial leave, military leave, bereavement leave
*See the Human Resources webpage for more details and optional benefits at nashville.gov/hr.
How to Apply
- Websitehttp://www.nashville.gov/Human-Resources/Employment-Opportunities.aspxJob Number
- Date Posted: May 10, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Housing
- Start Date: 06/01/2023
- Salary Range: $69,922.57
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk