Just Us- Program Specialist
Work with and for LGBTQ+ youth within and outside of Middle Tennessee. This is achieved through: The coordination and facilitation of all direct-to-youth programming and related responsibilities for the drop-in programs; Just Us and Becoming Us
- Plan and implement weekly in-person and online drop-in programming for LGBTQ+ middle and high school youth through Just Us and Becoming Us.
- Plan and implement Just Camp, summer programming for LGBTQ+ middle school youth
- Support Program Manager with facilitation of youth leadership team, Students of Stonewall.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships to offer enrichment, service learning, and college and career access for youth participants.
- Maintain consistent communication with the Oasis clinical team to refer and coordinate youth to Oasis clinical services as needed.
- Manage all program volunteers and encourage reflection and action based on best practices
- Sustain communication with youth, parents, teachers, and counselors in order to ensure students are receiving the support and guidance they need regarding school support, clinical support, and participation in Oasis Center programming.
- Serve on community committees when appropriate and related to LGBTQ+ youth issues, sexual health, positive youth development, and school supports.
- Administer, record, and store intake and guardian permission forms for participants across programs
- Keep records of each program participant and collect and report attendance promptly following weekly sessions
- Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth.
- Two years of direct service youth experience two years’ experience working with LGBTQ+ youth in a similar setting.
- Experience in public speaking and facilitating information in an accessible and effective manner.
- Competence with LGBTQ+ issues and identities.
- Comfort speaking to and opening dialogue surrounding oppression and social inequities.
- Basic proficiency in social media platforms
- Bachelors Degree
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Joseph Clark, email@example.com
- Date Posted: December 17, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37K-40K