Junior Systems Administrator
The Junior Systems Administrator supports Cumberland Heights’ mission of providing the highest quality care possible in a cost-effective manner for persons and families who are at risk for or who are suffering from Substance Use Disorders.
The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining the computing environment by identifying network requirements, installing updates/upgrades, and monitoring network performance. The position is responsible for the installation, repair, updating and upgrading of end user computer workstations. The position assists end users in problem solving various hardware and software issues, including orientation and training of new users.
This job will require knowledge of serving and network infrastructure as well as end user systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in end user support as well as systems administration. They will be responsible for answering escalated support issues, conducting system analysis, management of storage systems, monitoring and optimizing server activity, ensuring system security, and diagnosing system problems. These duties will be performed in coordination with the Systems Administrator and the larger technology team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; assists vendor(s) with router/firewall administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Maintains server hardware and software, making sure both aspects are functioning optimally for the organization.
- Evaluates, maintains, and secures network access in accordance to internal policies and procedures. Monitor performance and availability, installation of new hardware, configuration and testing of equipment. Escalation of issues to proper vendors as well as maintaining existing documentation.
- Assists the Systems Administrator with researching and requesting hardware and software requests for purchase, including communication with department managers and necessary vendors.
- Creates/edits user accounts, groups and calendars using Active Directory and Office 365.
- Assists in installing, repairing, and replacing end user workstations.
- Prioritizes requests for services according to criticality to organization mission and number of end users impacted.
- Assists in providing help desk assistance to end users, ensuring consistent availability.
- Ensures that a welcoming, safe and healing environment is maintained for each patient and family throughout the continuum of care.
- Recommends ways to improve the quality and delivery of services.
- Protects organization’s value by maintaining confidentiality of company and patient information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reacts productively to change.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required; Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred; a minimum of five (5) years of experience troubleshooting computer problems, installing computer hardware and software, and serving as a major resource for computer hardware and software issues; one or more computer certifications are preferred; and/or equivalent education or experience in job related activities; healthcare experience preferred.
The candidate must have a minimum of the following:
- Microsoft Windows Knowledge (7,10,2008,2012)
- Microsoft Server Knowledge (AD, DHCP, DNS, Storage management, print management)
- Office 365 Administration (User and mailbox management)
- General Networking Knowledge (DNS, TCP, VLAN)
- Good written and oral communication skills
These skills are preferred but not required:
- Sonicwall Firewall Knowledge
- Adtran Netvanta (GUI or CLI)
- Group Policy Management
- Mitel VOIP (User and phone management)
- Wasp Inventory or similar (Asset Management)
- SSL VPN management
- LDAP integration
- Azure AD (SSO and device)
- Intune/Endpoint (User and device management)
- Windows Defender
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds. Ability to push and pull up to 40 pounds. Ability to speak, hear, see, stand, sit, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, handle and reach. Ability to speak, read and write in English. Good problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills. Good oral and written communications skills. Excellent attention to detail. Proficient in Microsoft Network Operations. If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Occasional travel to satellite locations, as well as occasional evening and weekend hours required. In addition, must be able to respond to system emergencies after hours as needed
Will be discussed during interview
How to Apply
Visit our website @ Cumberlandheights.org to apply
- Date Posted: January 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)