Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee
JA BizTown Manager
Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee
At Junior Achievement, we give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. Our corporate and community volunteers deliver relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. JA programs empower students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world – enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and increasing their understanding of the value of staying in school.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
JA BizTown provides a uniqe opportunity for 4th – 6th grade students to become immersed in a world where they call the shots. After preparing at school with a four-six week curriculum, students spend a day at JA BizTown where they become employees of one of the 14 businesses in the 9,000 sq. ft.. mock city. From town major to news reporter to restaurant manager, the workforce of tomorrow is exposed to a diverse range of jobs that help them begin to explore and develop the skills that employers find valuable in the modern work environment.
The JA BizTown Manager assures the quality and effectiveness of the JA BizTown simulation, manages the activities of volunteers and teachers, and ensures all Capstone activities meet quality and program implementation models and standards.
This position is part of a team responsible for delivery of programs within a 22 county geographic area.
- Supervise program / simulation implementation and ensure program quality and adherence to JA USA Implementation Standards during classroom experience and simulation visit. Assure adherence to program model and file all needed program variances.
- Conduct volunteer and teacher trainings. Solicit volunteer and teacher feedback to improve program quality. Implement established volunteer and teacher participant recognition program. Provide creative input to supervisor regarding possible educator/volunteer recognition. Follow standard processes for educator/volunteer paperwork.
- Seek and secure alternative volunteer sources as needed.
- Provide a high quality of customer service and support to all stakeholders that contributes to renewing commitments from existing schools and educators involved in the program.
- Monitor program supplies and town inventory to reduce program costs. Follow and maintain the established recordkeeping system and processes to ensure program runs effectively.
- Develop and maintain Capstone coordinator training and scheduling.
- Assist with town inventory management to contribute to overall expense control.
- Coordinate with all members of the Capstone team to gather and share feedback about the simulation experience.
- Other projects as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred. Prior experience in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience working with children. Two years of classroom or business experience is strongly desired.
- Strong problem solving skills; strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Flexible with time; able to be on feet for long periods of time.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Advanced computer skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: sit, walk, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, continually required to talk or hear, occasionally required to bend, lift, or climb, frequently required to lift and carry light weights (25-50 pounds), and specific vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust or focus.
Salary commensurate with experience
Benefits include medical, dental, vison, life insurance and 401k as well as paid leave.
How to Apply
Please send resume with cover letter, including a paragraph outlining why this position is of interest, to Rachel Dyer, Sr. Director of Operations by email – email@example.com. Include “JA BizTown Manager – Application” in the subject line.
- Date Posted: April 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Salary Range: $40,000-$44,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk