IT Helpdesk Technician
Mercy Community Healthcare
Mercy Community Healthcare is known for its comprehensive, compassionate treatment and is committed to improving the physical, mental, and spiritual health of both its patients and the community.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized entry-level help desk employee to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support for computer systems, hardware, or software issues for a variety of departments. You will also respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. This is 85-90% client-facing and 10-15% server/backend system administration. We’re looking for someone who embraces the mission statement of Mercy Community Healthcare.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Respond to customer queries by phone and email
- Create step-by-step training material with screenshots for clients
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, software and hardware
- Document internal procedures
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems
- Ask educated questions and listen to customers to determine root cause of issues
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future
- Run diagnostic problems to resolve problems
- Clean up computers
- Train incoming staff
- Report significant and recurring issues to the tier-2 support team
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LA), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems
- Collect feedback to determine patterns and issues such that they can be resolved or FAQs can be provided to customer to ease in troubleshooting
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science, or related field preferred. COMPTia A+ certification preferred.
- 1-2 years in applied work experience as a PC Technician/Desktop Support Technician supporting Microsoft OS preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Cisco networking experience, Allworx telephony administration experience, Server administration experience (specifically with AD and GPO) is desired but not required.
- Expanded knowledge, use and troubleshooting skills with all Microsoft products
- Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot Windows OS laptops and desktops (Windows 7-10)
- Proven experience as a Help Desk Technician or other customer service role
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer/technical issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: March 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Social / Human Services