Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
The IT and Database Manager will assist with IT and Database technical support agency wide. The manager will be responsible for the network and server infrastructure of the agency, as well as maintaining the agency’s database. With assistance from third party consultants, the manager will assist in the maintenance data and storage retrieval systems, troubleshoot database issues, and implement database recovery procedures and safety processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serves as the database expert for the agency keeping IT and database staff updated on current projects, delegating appropriately.
- Present ideas and created solutions to database needs, both current and future.
- Partner with the Talent and Culture Department to train agency’s workforce on new technology.
- Troubleshoot end user equipment and software issues for agency, partnering with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues that cannot be resolved in house.
- Ensure all desktop and laptop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated data management, file servers, email servers, and administrative systems.
- Assist staff with the installation, configurations, and ongoing usability of, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Update and edit the structure of the database to meet data collection and reporting needs.
- Support production of standard and custom reports – determine with staff which reports are needed regularly (monthly, weekly, etc.) and set them up to allow self-service reporting.
- Manage and maintain quality of data within the system using validation rules in the database.
- Responsible for the integrity of the agency’s data, ensuring data cleanup is performed as needed and backup assistance is provided when necessary.
- Create and maintain database manual that outlines data entry standards.
- Identify user workflows that can be made more efficient by using Salesforce tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field preferred.
- 2-5 years of progressive experience in an IT and/or Database environment.
- Experience in working in a non-profit environment a plus.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce user permissions, validation rules, workflow rules, process builder, page layouts, custom object, custom fields, reports, and dashboards; experience with basic Apex triggers and basic Visualforce.
- Experience with Financial Edge Financial systems a plus.
- Supervision experience required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Experience working with large and complex datasets.
- Experience with large-scaled data cleaning and data migration with an understanding of network components and infrastructure.
- Experience training non-technical staff to use agency applications and follow established best practices.
- Experience working with sandbox and productions environments to manage/test functional or process changes
- Solution oriented with a focus on the user experience.
Competitive Salary and full benefits.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: September 2, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Information Technology
- Service Area: Social / Human Services