IPS Trainer Supervisor
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Trainer – Supervisor
Chief Operating Officer
The IPS Trainer Supervisor (IPS TS) is responsible for providing supervision and support to the IPS Trainers. The IPS TS will also provide site-based and technology-based training in the evidence-based practice Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of supported employment to vocational teams, mental health practitioners, mental health agency leadership of contracted providers and the staff of lo
- Works side-by-side with employment specialists and mental health practitioners.
- Provides technical assistance to agency leadership includes helping agencies identify needed organizational change to enhance the functioning of IPS programs.
- Develops action plans for improving the implementation of the IPS evidence-based practice.
- Assesses current practices, organizational structure and philosophies.
- Provides training and consultation to employment specialists, mental health practitioners, Vocational Rehabilitation counselors, peer groups and family organizations.
- Participates in fidelity reviews and provides statewide leadership for IPS supported employment.
- Plans for statewide implementation and identifies barriers and facilitators for IPS supported employment.
- Participates as a key member of the statewide supported employment steering committee.
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures; performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervisor to other IPS Trainers, including:
- Hiring, Training responsibilities
- Performance Review responsibilities
- Disciplinary Action and Termination responsibilities
- Values cultural competence and diversity
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others having diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Will work remotely and be able to regularly travel up to 80%
- Able to operate with many distractions
- Routine office environment
- Able to use vehicle to transport clients from time to time
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to move or lift over ten pounds
- Able to walk routinely
- IPS Trainers x 2
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in human services, vocational rehabilitation, public administration, business, social work, sociology, organizational development or a closely related field.
• Two years of recent professional experience within a public or private human services or workforce development organization, OR
• A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in human services vocational rehabilitation, public administration, business, social work, sociology, organizational development or a closely related field of study may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree and at the agency’s discretion experience within a public or private human services or workforce development organization is preferred. A combination of professional work experience within a public or private human services or workforce development organization may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree.
• Experience working in behavioral health or vocational rehabilitation. Knowledge of the evidence-based practice Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of supported employment.
• Experience providing trainings and technical assistance.
• Must have a valid Tennessee Driver’s License
• Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance. Must be insurable under Park Center’s automobile insurance
This position is full-time and would have access to benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, Voluntary Life, Voluntary Short-term disability, Voluntary Long-Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness, Basic Life, 403b Retirement plan and matching, generous PTO and Extended Illness policies.
How to Apply
Please apply through our website at parkcenternashville.org – see the Career page.
- Date Posted: December 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 01/10/2022
- Salary Range: $54-$57k annually
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri, 8a - 4p, some evenings and weekends