Inventory & Merchandising Specialist
Position Summary: This position’s primary focus is keeping track of inventory for Dress for Success Nashville program and for management of in-kind donations of retail inventory. This role may also suit clients and present on behalf of the YWCA.
- Oversees, manages and evaluates Dress for Success Nashville inventory, ensuring high standards and accuracy in relation to merchandise processing, flow and operations.
- Manages the donation process, organizing, sorting and selecting appropriate inventory.
- Ensures Dress for Success Nashville’s Boutique is well-stocked, organized, seasonal and neat in appearance.
- Creates an efficient space utilization plan for inventory placement, dressing rooms for client suiting and establishes a boutique environment.
- Researches current fashion trends to ensure merchandise is fresh and reflects current season for client suitings.
- Determines the gaps in inventory and identifies potential partners to fill the needs.
- Maintains and refreshes visual displays.
- Assists with coordinating of efforts related to securing quality, professional, clothing and accessories, including; onsite collections, private donations, and responding to inquiries from the community.
- Organizes and oversees clothing drives to increase inventory stock.
- Documents all in-kind donations received, in accordance with Dress for Success and YWCA policies.
- Coordinates with Community Engagement Manager to ensure volunteer coverage.
- Supervises volunteers during activities related to inventory maintenance.
- Tracks and reports statistical data as required by VP, COO, and Community Engagement Manager using data and customer feedback to continuously improve sales and service.
- Ensures program meets all guidelines to maintain compliance with Worldwide Dress for Success and YWCA standards.
- Maintains thorough understanding of and compliance with all policies, procedures, and processes.
- Attends community events as a representative of the YWCA, as appropriate, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Collaborates with the DFS Coordinator, Director of Communications, Community Programs Coordinator, and VP Community Programs to create materials needed to effectively promote the Dress for Success Nashville program.
- Relate to community leaders and stimulate their participation and interest in the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or Equivalency required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of relevant work experience or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Customer service, retail, merchandising and /or non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to carry boxes/materials with various weights up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel throughout community.
Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years. 10% travel.
- Customer service focused, with a respect for and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work efficiently as an individual or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Utilizes using excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to, motivate, build trust and inspire others by using excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Computer literacy required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and willing to learn other applications.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
Sick and Vacation hours accrued per pay period.
How to Apply
Apply online at:
or contact Sheila Holman, VP of HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 02/10/2020
- Salary Range: 16.48/hour
- Working Hours: 25 hours a week M-F