YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Inventory & Merchandising Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
This position is responsible for co-managing Dress for Success Nashville (DSFN) inventory, processing inventory donations, entering program data, maintaining DSFN social media accounts, and co-managing the Professional Women’s Group (PWG).
Relationships & Contacts
Within the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with the Director of Community Engagement & Dress for Success, the Coordinator of Dress for Success, Dress for Success Worldwide affiliate contacts, Career Navigation Specialist, and program volunteers.
Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains frequent and close working relationships with community partners.
- Co-manages and evaluates DFSN inventory, ensuring high standards and accuracy of merchandise processing, flow, and operations.
- Manages the inventory donation process, including organizing, sorting, and selecting appropriate wardrobe pieces.
- Ensures the DFSN boutique space is efficiently planned, appropriately and well-stocked, organized and neat in appearance, and in keeping with a boutique environment.
- Plans, promotes, and facilitates recurring inventory sales events.
- Assists with the coordination and scheduling of volunteer program support and supervises volunteers during activities related to inventory maintenance.
- Assists with coordinating efforts related to securing quality, professional clothing and accessories, including onsite collections, private donations, and responding community inquiries.
- Assists with, and sometimes leads, client suitings.
- Tracks, enters, and reports statistical data as required, and uses that information and client feedback to improve program outcomes.
- Manages DSFN social media accounts and develops rich and relevant social media content.
- Co-manages and co-facilitates PWG, maintaining high standards for the program’s content and delivery.
- Works with DFSN team to ensure program meets all guidelines and maintains compliance with Dress for Success Worldwide and YWCA standards.
- Represents and serves as an advocate for YWCA and DFSN at community events, as appropriate, including evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Collaborates with the DFSN team and other YWCA staff to create materials needed to effectively promote the DFSN program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- HS diploma or equivalency required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of relevant work experience or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Customer service, retail, merchandising and/or non-profit experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to carry boxes/materials with various weights, up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to easily travel throughout the community.
This position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, vehicle insurance, and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Customer service focused with a respect for and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literacy is required, as is proficiency in use of social media, Zoom, Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Google, and an adaptability and willingness to learn new online platforms and applications.
- Able to work efficiently as an individual or as part of a team.
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills to motivate, build trust, and inspire others.
- Willingness to support the mission of YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee, Dress for Success Nashville, and an ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
The YWCA of Nashville and Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: August 25, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 20 to 24 hrs/wk